• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion will nintendo announce switch 2 in it is next investors meeting in may 7

will nintendo announce switch 2 in it is next investors meeting in may 7

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tall Valley Nerd

Piranha Plant
Pronouns
he/him
only 7 days separate us from nintendo fiscal year earning release
will our patient finally be rewarded
will the long journey finally reach it is end
what all of you think?

I expect an acknowledgement of new hardware arriving this fiscal year, but nothing beyond that. No name, no specifics...

"We will be launching a new platform this fiscal year. We have no additional information at this time. We will reveal details at a later date this year."

I'm expecting a soft announcement; something like "we will release a new console in this fiscal year". Maybe if we're lucky, they'll confirm a release month (iirc they did that for the Switch like a year before it launched, back when it was still just NX)

I expect nothing. Not as "as usual I expect nothing with nintendo" but more in a "We don't have anything to announce at this time, please continue to buy Mario Kart 8"

Eh, I doubt we'll be getting any "soft" announcements. Why wouldn't you announce your new system via more exciting avenues?

We're going to get a non-committal "We have no new information to share at this time, but please look forward to future announcements" and the world simply keep on turning.

wait will there even be a q&a? Isn't that for June?

The idea is that they will release a PR notice that announces the system. Iirc there's no Q&A, but even if there were they wouldn't talk about it in any other way outside of acknowledging the announcement.

“We are always working on new hardware, so look forward to more being announced when we feel the time is appropriate.”
this is exactly what i expect on the hardware front.

i do still wonder what's going to happen on the software front. on the upcoming software sheet, it'll only say Paper Mario in May, Luigi's Mansion 2 HD for June, Metroid Prime 4 TBD. feels strange that we still don't have a good look the second half of this year.

If it has no effect on the current running fiscal year then I don't think they need to announce anything but if it does then I do expect them to mention something.

I think they will likely reiterate the existence of the Nintendo Museum. Given how that place was announced officially, I would be interested to know more about it.

Thank you for reading.

Press Release reveal May 7th.
(Radio silence)
Console design reveal October.
(Radio silence)
Blowout show in January 2025, first time showing games.

This is the way. We're not getting anything substantial until January 2025

I'm leaning towards no. What are the repercussions if they don't? Their stock dipping, only to recover again once more Switch 2 rumors drop?

At an investor's meeting in Q2? I don't see why they would.

But I'll take anything so fingers continue to be crossed

I feel like they kind of have to at this point.

They have to tell investors if it is coming this fiscal year. (by march 2025)

You guys must think this thing isn't going to come out March 2025?

I say nay, they don’t want to disrupt the last year of Switch just yet.

They will announce closer to the end of the year if not the beginning of next year

At an investor's meeting in Q2? I don't see why they would.

But I'll take anything so fingers continue to be crossed

Gladly correct me if i'm wrong, but this upcoming meeting is for the outline of the current fiscal year, and even with the delay, the plan is for Switch 2 to release within this FY.

So they gotta say something as it's going to impact the numbers big time, especially coming off a prolly very dry Switch only year with little software releases that move numbers.

Gladly correct me if i'm wrong, but this upcoming meeting is for the outline of the current fiscal year, and even with the delay, the plan is for Switch 2 to release within this FY.

So they gotta say something as it's going to impact the numbers big time, especially coming off a prolly very dry Switch only year with little software releases that move numbers.
Yeah exactly... they can't just leave their investors in the dark.

I feel like there’s a higher likelihood of some investor randomly asking about a hibernating franchise then a hardware announcement at this meeting

You guys see the amount of spinning Microsoft does at their investor meetings? Or the amount of hush hush Nintendo did during the Wii U era? They don't have to say anything.

Even if an investor asks straight up, "What is the name of your next console" this is Nintendo's answer:

giphy.gif

Yes, why you might ask, well I have something some of y’all don’t have and that’s

FAITH

"We plan to release a new dedicated video game system at the end of the fiscal year."

That's all I'm expecting. I don't think it's too out there.

Last edited:
I expect as much as "our next-generation hardware will release in this fiscal year, please look forward to later in 2024 for news"

and then we'll be at the mercy of how creative the investors will be during the Q&A

Yeah, I guess. I'm not corporate or anything so my knowledge on how those meetings play out is limited, but I would imagine if anything else is said about it at that meeting it wouldn't be something outlets pick up and report on. Nothing like "here's the street date and which titles plan to release at launch and the exact price, etc". I don't know if that's what anyone is realistically expecting, but I don't. We already know it exists.

Guess I'm thinking more along the lines of "pre production is slated for... We expect to have units on shelves before insert holiday window_..." That sorta stuff, just to keep the fish hooks live. From the outside, as a frothing lunatic waving their switch around at the clouds while simultaneously waiting for Paper Mario and the new console, I'm not expecting much to be addressed. It'll feel like a booster shot

It probably bad business practice to give no insight into FY 2024 (now through March 2025)

Announcement will boost their worth. Even if it's just a codename and "we're releasing it by March 2025" ...

But hey, guess anything is possible.

You want them to stay silent until after Mach 2025?

That's an interesting thought, to be honest.
Want, absolutely not. But I still assume talking about new hardware will be in the next calender year and launch in the next fiscal year.

I'm not expecting anything, but it would be neat to hear of some official confirmation.

In general, I'd like to be surprised and if any official announcement is made without me knowing beforehand, I consider that to be enjoyable. Kind of like the days where I didn't know or followed anything and out of the sudden there'd be a new console.
On the other hand, knowing before something comes out gives you an opportunity to live through the; "Are the speculations/rumours true?"

It probably bad business practice to give no insight into FY 2024 (now through March 2025)

Announcement will boost their worth. Even if it's just a codename and "we're releasing it by March 2025" ...

But hey, guess anything is possible.
in the sick fuck world of imaginary capital, sure.

you’re describing the kind of shit an American company would do before going bankrupt

Nintendo is more grounded. They move when they intend to. If shareholders get mad and drop stocks because they won’t tell them their plans in advance, it’s fucking self-sabotaging nonsense.

like y’all are in wolf of wall street world or some shit. the plane of the real has left you behind

in the sick fuck world of imaginary capital, sure.

you’re describing the kind of shit an American company would do before going bankrupt

Nintendo is more grounded. They move when they intend to. If shareholders get mad and drop stocks because they won’t tell them their plans in advance, it’s fucking self-sabotaging nonsense.

like y’all are in wolf of wall street world or some shit. the plane of the real has left you behind
There's a tad smidge of hopium in my post tbh.

Press Release reveal May 7th.
(Radio silence)
Console design reveal October.
(Radio silence)
Blowout show in January 2025, first time showing games.

This is the way. We're not getting anything substantial until January 2025
This forum might not survive if we're left waiting that long

they literally do not have to tell their investors shit
They have to announced their projections for the next FY, including hardware sales. So while they don't have to specifically say that there is new hardware planned between now and March 2025, if there is a sharp change in the projections from the past year's FY results, investors are going to expect a little more context.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom