• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST32 May 2024| Endless Ocean Season!, Paper Mario Season!

Which Season?

• Total voters
So uh.
I’ve been a tad vocal here and there about how much I dislike my job, and I’ve slowly been planning for a future where I can finally move on from it.

Just sent a lengthy email to this sort of nationwide initiative that works to help more women to start coding. (Not to ask for a job or anything, but to check if they have a volunteer position) They’re not very gaming focused, but I took the shot anyway. You never know, and all.
And here comes the wait.

We have a meeting next Friday! aaaah.

Nailed it! I'm now a volunteer.

Rewatching Free! on Crunchyroll. Quite fun!

Edit: literally every post I make on mobile has at least one mistake in them 😭

Chickens count. They're the descendants of dragons!
Live feed of me hunting chicken:
tumblr_lj5xlo1e6V1qzt5vso1_r4_500.gif

Nailed it! I'm now a volunteer.
Hell yeah!

Neither have I but I've been on car rides where a couple of my theatre nerd friends sang along to like half the cast recording and it sounds amazing
You should check out the album Anaïs Mitchell did, it was based on her original production of the musical in Vermont, and the Broadway show grew out of the album, more or less.

Feeling tempted to go catch the Phantom Menace in theaters today. I’ve only seen the clone wars in theaters DX.

nintendio is , yet again, leaving money on the table by not making a movie about a washed up former nintendo world championship winner and their journey to redemption

Perfect time for Nintendo to get some axe body spray sponsorship
One of the two smells that make me gag early in the morning during my commute. The other being energy drink like Red Bull and monster. It's because my morning commute is filled with high schoolers who have two things in common: they all drench themselves in cheap cologne and they all drink energy drinks by the buckets.

... I feel very strongly about this 😅

Wario definitely looks better without the sleeves. With them he looks like he has those fake arms from Spongebob :LOL:
workout-sponge-bob-square-pants.gif

Wait, he had sleeves?
Yeah, way back when he debuted in Super Mario Land 2

Eq1LNWhXYAAxRBB

Some games like the Wario Land series and Wario World had him sleeveless, but it wasn't consistent with his appearance in Mario spinoffs, until Super Mario 64 DS and Mario Party 7

can someone tell me if this sonically makes sense? I've been obsessing over it all day

I don't need it to like make sense sense... but does it work?

context: underwater lab with a lot of glass that is somewhat nerve-wracking

Last edited:

can someone tell me if this sonically makes sense? I've been obsessing over it all day

I don't need it to like make sense sense... but does it work?

context: underwater lab with a lot of glass that is somewhat nerve-wracking

Well. It definitely sounds nerve-wracking. Not sure about the underwater part but I think I get where you're coming from with it?

Edit: Actually, it kinda slaps.

Yeah, way back when he debuted in Super Mario Land 2

Eq1LNWhXYAAxRBB

Some games like the Wario Land series and Wario World had him sleeveless, but it wasn't consistent with his appearance in Mario spinoffs, until Super Mario 64 DS and Mario Party 7
You see, when it's stylized/2d, the sleeves work. But when you get more "realistic" and 3d, they just look kinda wrong, imho.

You see, when it's stylized/2d, the sleeves work. But when you get more "realistic" and 3d, they just look kinda wrong, imho.
I like both versions, but I think the short sleeves/bulging muscles help make his silhouette stand out more from Mario.

Please don't set me on fire, but having 100%ed Wonder last year, it left me a little underwhelmed and wanting more. I remember New Super Mario Bros. U being more engaging to me. Lo and behold, I pick up a copy of Deluxe from the library only the other day and it's EXACTLY what I wanted. It's tight, it's clean, it's deliciously varied.

I thought maybe my preference for New Super Mario Bros. was nostalgia, I certainly don't enjoy going back to the DS original all that much despite some excellent later levels, because the start is glacial.

But no, I just like the style more! Wonder by comparison felt... Incoherent, a little short, a little easy. New U has, by world four, presented me with levels that have racked up ten odd deaths, but kept me playing. Something like Badge Marathon in Wonder in difficulty, but so early in the game! And so coherent! It's not difficult from gameplay constantly changing, it's just plain precise!

I think in the context of its release, New U suffered from its own series' success, but in a vacuum, in the current year, it's a DAMN good platformer. I think it's probably in my top three 2D Mario games. Alongside 3 and Wii.

Please don't set me on fire, but having 100%ed Wonder last year, it left me a little underwhelmed and wanting more. I remember New Super Mario Bros. U being more engaging to me. Lo and behold, I pick up a copy of Deluxe from the library only the other day and it's EXACTLY what I wanted. It's tight, it's clean, it's deliciously varied.

I thought maybe my preference for New Super Mario Bros. was nostalgia, I certainly don't enjoy going back to the DS original all that much despite some excellent later levels, because the start is glacial.

But no, I just like the style more! Wonder by comparison felt... Incoherent, a little short, a little easy. New U has, by world four, presented me with levels that have racked up ten odd deaths, but kept me playing. Something like Badge Marathon in Wonder in difficulty, but so early in the game! And so coherent! It's not difficult from gameplay constantly changing, it's just plain precise!

I think in the context of its release, New U suffered from its own series' success, but in a vacuum, in the current year, it's a DAMN good platformer. I think it's probably in my top three 2D Mario games. Alongside 3 and Wii.
I'm quite the opposite since i found Mario Wonder more engaging and unique compare to Mario U, but i respect your opinion, since it's one that i have never thought of.
nintendio is , yet again, leaving money on the table by not making a movie about a washed up former nintendo world championship winner and their journey to redemption
The movies ends on Nintendo cancelling the championship, because of some internet drama or because a certain group of people did some mischief behind the scene.
%D8%A8%D8%AD%D8%A8%D8%A7%D9%84%D9%81%D9%84%D9%88%D8%B3.gif

Well, since you said please...
In this four hour video essay, I will explain how Super Mario Bros. Wonder is objectively inferior to New Super Mario Bros. U in no uncertain terms.

Part one:

The assassination of Archduke Franz Ferdinand

NSMBU Deluxe is an excellent game and probably has more value in terms of content than Wonder since it's both NSMB and Luigi U, but I still probably prefer Wonder. The visual variety alone in Wonder is a godsend.

The question shouldn't be whether NSMBU or Wonder is the objectively superior game.

The question should be whether or not Sonic & Knuckles is better than both those and every other 2D Mario.

And the answer is obviously yes.

Yup I'm about ready to crash onto my bed and watch some Dungeon Meshi and Spice and Wolf
I first read that as Dungeon Meshi and Spiceworld, and I thought, wow meatbag’s got some range.

Thanks all for the comments! Sounds like it runs pretty well on the Switch overall. I’m not fussed about it fps so long as there aren’t many dips.
I know this is kinda late to the party, but you can add me to the list of people who thought it was a solid package. I even bought it a second time as a gift for a buddy.

Feeling tempted to go catch the Phantom Menace in theaters today. I’ve only seen the clone wars in theaters DX.
At the theater for Phantom Menance
Hope you had a blast! I went and saw The Phantom Menace nine times in the theater during its original run. I was obsessed. 😅

It’s actually what got me into Star Wars. I had watched the original trilogy in the 90’s as a kid and thought they were good but they felt like “old” movies to me. Like they “weren’t mine.” Then, Episode I came out and I was in love. (Imagine my shock and sadness in the subsequent years when I realized I couldn’t talk about my newfound Star Wars love with barely anyone because I had the nerve to enjoy the prequels 😂. Glad the sentiment around them has changed quite a bit since then.)

Anyway, your posts brought back some great memories of seeing the original as well as taking some friends to the 3D re-release in 2012, so thank you for that, and I hope you made some good memories today, as well!

Last edited:
The question shouldn't be whether NSMBU or Wonder is the objectively superior game.

The question should be whether or not Sonic & Knuckles is better than both those and every other 2D Mario.

And the answer is obviously yes.
Add in a "3" to that title and I'll agree there. Recently settled on it being my favorite 2D platformer.

Back
Top Bottom