• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST32 May 2024| Endless Ocean Season!, Paper Mario Season!

Which Season?

• Total voters

Chie

Satonaka Style
Fire.png

Thread Theme

Bugs-Bunny-svg.png
6577723-sd.jpg

Bugs Bunny: Ahh, I can't wait for a relaxing month playing Endless Ocean, the best game to come out this month. (May 2nd)

Bugs-Bunny-Daffy-GIF-Bugs-Bunny-Daffy-Duck-Discover-Share-GIFs.gif

Daffy-Duck-svg.png
6578805-sd.jpg

Daffy Duck: We both know Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door is best game coming out this month. (May 23rd)

dd2.jpg

Bugs Bunny: Nah Doc, Endless Ocean is better.

Daffy Duck: No!! Paper Mario is Better!!!

Bugs Bunny: Nope, Endless Ocean is better

Daffy Duck: Paper Mario!!

Bugs Bunny: Endless Ocean

Daffy Duck: Paper Mario

Bugs Bunny: Paper Mario

Daffy Duck: No!, Endless Ocean is better.....Wait you tricked me!

54lm0q.png

giphy.gif
little-kitty-big-city-cover.webp

giphy.gif

thatsallfolks.jpg

The inspiration for this theme is from 1951's Rabbit Fire. Special Thanks to Chuck Jones for this hilarious short (amongst the many of his career).

This is my first time making a General Discussion Thread. Hope you all found it funny/novel. Always been a big Looney Tunes fan growing up so I thought I would try and meld that lifelong fandom with Nintendo's two first party games for this month. Also no shade intended to Little Kitty, Big City, its out May 9th and looks like a great game.

Untitled.jpg

Other May 2024 Switch games:

Animal Well - May 9th

Biomutant - May 14th

Neptunia Game Maker R:Evolution - May 14th

Lorelei and the Laser Eyes - May 16th

Duck Detective - The Secret Salami - May 23rd

Past Stars and their Startopics:

|ST Oct 2021| by @mazi
|ST2 Nov 2021| Are You Gonna Play Shin Megami Tensei V the Dub Way, or… by @Derachi
|ST3 Dec 2021| Topical Threes by @Suswave
|ST4 Jan 2022| Resurrections by @Skittzo
|ST5 Feb 2022| Xenodelayed Chronicles 3 by @Dardan Sandiego
|ST6 Mar 2022| Marchful Mode by @EvilChameleon
|ST7 Apr 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel by @EvilChameleon
|ST8 May 2022| Prime Real E-ST8 by @Barely Able
|ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer! by @Irene
|ST10 July 2022| Julyve A Live by @Plum
|ST11 Aug 2022| Everybody’s 11-12 Discussion Thread by @Legion of Primes
|ST12 Sept 2022| Trails From Splatoon 03 by @xghost777
|ST13 Oct 2022| Our First Famiversary! by @hologram
|ST14 Nov 2022| Comfy And Easy To Wear by @bellydrum
|ST15 Dec 2022| The Holidays Are a Time for Fami by @Red Monster
|ST16 Jan 2023| Team Famuary Stays Winning by @chocolate_supra
|ST17 Feb 2023| Octopath Traveling II Directland Deluxe by @SammyJ9
|ST18 Mar 2023| The physical version of ST18 will be available in stores next month by @Brofield
|ST19 Apr 2023| A tradition unlike any other by @Josh5890
|ST20 May 2023| Every Teardrop is a Waterfall by @Irene
|ST21 June 2023| Welcome to Famipark! by @Party Sklar
|ST22 July 2023| PIKMINVASION by @famicorpse
|ST23 Aug 2023| Things Get WEIRD by @shoptroll
|ST24 Sept 2023| Barely Able Will Star as the Main Poster in a Brand New ST (temp.) by @Barely Able
|ST25 Oct 2023| Have a Wonderful Famiversary! by @VolcanicDynamo
|ST26 Nov 2023| The Man Who Erased His Moves by @Derachi
|ST27 Dec 2023| Have a Cuppa with Your Fami by @MissingNo.
|ST28 Jan 2024| This Is Our Year by @ngpdrew
|ST29 Feb 2024| Two Handhelds, Both Alike In Dignity by @Suswave
|ST30 Mar 2024| Famiboards Town-Square by @Raccoon
|ST31 Apr. 2024| Famicafé Forever by @big lantern ghost

Future Stars:

|ST33 June 2024| by DecoReturns
|ST34 July 2024| by xghost777
|ST35 August 2024| by shoptroll
|ST36 September 2024| by Suswave
|ST39 December 2024| by MissingNo.

Last edited:
It's may in some parts of the world already?

Time flies - I enjoy may, spring is here for real, summer and vacation time is not too far off.

In terms of games, not too much in it for me - I will 100% get Paper Mario and who knows what else might show up but for now, that's solid ebough for me.

Might have posted this a little early @Chie? Unless it's already May somewhere out there in the world?

In any case I could hear Bugs and Daffy arguing with their classic, quirky voices. Looney Tunes is great!

Oh, and all hail Little Kitty Big City! If only you could bring it along to the Endless Ocean, where there are lots of delicious fish.

Might have posted this a little early @Chie? Unless it's already May somewhere out there in the world?

In any case I could hear Bugs and Daffy arguing with their classic, quirky voices. Looney Tunes is great!

Oh, and all hail Little Kitty Big City! If only you could bring it along to the Endless Ocean, where there are lots of delicious fish.
I talked it out with @big lantern ghost. Was told the timing was perfect.

I'm about to go to bed and also wouldn't be able to work on until after the clock strikes over to May. Got stuff i need to do when i wake up. You all can pin it whenever is convenient/correct. I'm new to this this.

Early monthly thread means i can actually post on the first page for once!

Huzzah!

I talked it out with @big lantern ghost. Was told the timing was perfect.

I'm about to go to bed and also wouldn't be able to work on until after the clock strikes over to May. Got stuff i need to do when i wake up. You all can pin it whenever is convenient/correct. I'm new to this this.
No worries, I went ahead and pinned the thread for you. Next time just give staff a holler. Thanks!

Not only posting on the first page in the new thread. I also made the last non-mod, non-closing post in the last one!

I should play lottery today.

This is the thread when Xenoblade X port/remaster will be announced.

Reserving this post to let y'all know...

This time for sure

May came early! Great thread last month @big lantern ghost , nice and cozy to the very end :)

Excited for May! Cool thread Chie! Bugs and Daffy are always great :)

Sadly World of Goo 2 got delayed, but I’m looking forward to both Endless Ocean and Paper Mario this month!

New thread! I thought Daffy Duck would enjoy Duck Detective more....
So it seems it will be unusually hot here until checks note summer, after that it's just hot :')

Oh, by the way @Chie, you will want to include the claims for future General Discussion STs in your OP so those don't get lost, especially since most of the year is accounted for already!

As per the April ST, we have claims for:
  • |ST33 June 2024| by DecoReturns
  • |ST34 July 2024| by xghost777
  • |ST35 August 2024| by shoptroll
  • |ST36 September 2024| by Suswave
  • |ST39 December 2024| by MissingNo.
(Since I also went ahead and claimed the December ST in the meantime.) October and November are still available.

Well hey its May in ~1hr for me so this is a well-timed thread

I'm late to the Paper Mario games, TTYD is new for me and I'm looking forward to this kind of cosy game for the upcoming autumn evenings.
Endless Ocean tickles my Marine Biology fancies, but I think I need a demo or a first 15-min gameplay video.

I grew up with one of these mugs. Been a Daffy ride or die ever since
il_680x540.4727572445_hs59.jpg

Excellent st @Chie absolutely love the Looney Tunes reference. Planning to get Paper Mario this month and maybe endless ocean if I can play it good in single player

200w.gif

Paper Mario is imminent. To paraphrase Tim Rogers quoting a coworker lamenting a potential Final Fantasy VII Remake, "[Paper Mario] will either save the world...or it will destroy it."

Ahh the smell of a new thread! Or maybe it's just those pesky pollens... hard to say. Thanks for having us in April @big lantern ghost! And great new ST, @Chie.

I'm mostly in Paper Mario camp but I really want to play the cat game too :D

Mid may will be the end of my busy season and... the beginning of my busy season echo fighter. But I should have more time to play games and hopefully get through a big chunk of Rebirth finally as well as jumping back into SF for Akuma.

Last edited:
@SammyJ9 — to answer your question from last thread, it is absolutely a license that lets you fish with your mind!

Ah whoops, didn't get a chance to properly thank @big lantern ghost in the last thread 😅 Thanks for your steerage of the ST and the shenanigans that ensued! It was a great deal of fun!

@Chie superb taste in classic Looney Tunes 😘👌 This is enough to convince me to have a bunch of them playing on my TV during work today in the background off a Plex server just so I can have some quality shenanigans to laugh at. Can't wait for what the month ahead will hold!

Been listening to a bunch of rap lately and it is the no. 1 source for learning tight shit to say before you shoot something in a video game.

STICK TALK

’Bout to click out on this shit I’m ‘bout to CLICK

Well that new month has arrived

Been enjoying the heck out of megaton Musashi wired. Started Saga frontier as well

Back
Top Bottom