• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Xbox Games Showcase announced for June 9th, 10AM PT followed by [REDACTED] Direct

biglo25

Cappy
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins

Mark your calendars! The Xbox Games Showcase will be livestreamed on June 9, 2024, starting at 10am PT / 1pm ET / 6pm BST (additional time zones below).

Like our double-feature last year with Starfield Direct, immediately following the Showcase we'll be airing a special deep-dive into the next installment of a beloved franchise. We can't say much, so for now we'll call it the Xbox Games Showcase followed by [REDACTED] Direct.

This will also be our first Showcase featuring games from our portfolio of studios across Activision, Blizzard, Bethesda and Xbox Game Studios, in addition to titles from our third-party partners.

You'll be able to enjoy both of our June 9 livestreams live through a variety of outlets, and in over 30 languages, and American Sign Language and English Audio Descriptions:

Airtime for the Xbox Games Showcase followed by [REDACTED] Direct in local time zones:

• PT: June 9, 10am
  • ET: June 9, 1pm
  • BST: June 9, 6pm
  • CET: June 9, 7pm
  • JST: June 9, 2am
  • AEST: June 9, 3am
June 9's double-feature broadcast also kicks off a week's worth of coverage here on Xbox Wire and The Official Xbox Podcast, featuring updates and deep-dives on a ton of games.

Xbox will host a premier viewing event in Los Angeles and Xbox FanFest is giving away tickets! Enter the FanFest Sweepstakes, which begins on May 2, for a chance to win tickets or even a free trip to get you there. To get notified with more details about the event and sweepstakes, sign up for FanFest at aka.ms/XboxFanFest.

Derachi

Fresh Eater
Founder
Pronouns
he/him
Famicoins
Cannot believe they’re doing a big deep dive into the new Call of Duty. Who cares? It’s like doing a deep dive into next year’s Madden: everyone on Earth already knows exactly what that game is going to be, and is going to sell a billion copies regardless. Why not showcase a game that maybe needs it? Or something to generate excitement for the Xbox brand when their fan base morale at an all-time low?

Showcasing Call of Duty like this feels like a decision made by the suit-wearing money people. Bad look IMO.

EvilChameleon

Rockenberg Enthusiast
Pronouns
he/him
Famicoins
I thought that was a Halo tease until I saw the Capitol building. Give me a new Forza Horizon and I'll be set. Maybe also show us that Gears still exists.

MissingNo.

𝑺𝑬𝑬 𝒀𝑶𝑼 𝑺𝑷𝑨𝑪𝑬 𝑪𝑶𝑾𝑩𝑶𝒀...
Pronouns
he/him
Famicoins
Release dates for Towerborne and Indy would be nice. Other than that not sure what to expect.

Silky

GET IN THE RING
Pronouns
he/him
Famicoins
Cannot believe they’re doing a big deep dive into the new Call of Duty. Who cares? It’s like doing a deep dive into next year’s Madden: everyone on Earth already knows exactly what that game is going to be, and is going to sell a billion copies regardless. Why not showcase a game that maybe needs it? Or something to generate excitement for the Xbox brand when their fan base morale at an all-time low?

Showcasing Call of Duty like this feels like a decision made by the suit-wearing money people. Bad look IMO.

Normal people only buy one game and that's CoD, it really isn't that hard to understand.

--

Praying for Killer Instinct 2. There's way too much smoke right now to suggest it isn't getting announced this year.

BlackthornOrion

#theprocessbroke
Famicoins

I'm was always so confused when a CoD game would get like a 10 minute in-depth gameplay showcase at SGF or whatever

Like, y'all, it's Call of Duty. Surely everyone already knows whether they want to play it or not. Is there really a sizable number of people who wouldn't otherwise buy CoD but can be convinced by a "yep, that sure is yet another Call of Duty game" trailer?

Feels like a lot of time and money being spent on something that can't possibly be moving the needle that much versus a plain ol' Youtube/TV commercial during a football game or whatever to let the normies know the game that comes out every year is once again coming out this year

ILikeFeet

Warpstar Knight
Famicoins
the thing people forget is that you don't exactly hit a CoD sales without CoD marketing. so yes, it does need that marketing

ITSMILNER

Tingle
Famicoins
Last years was great, I don’t have an Xbox but as long as they bring games to Steam I’m in.

• South by Midnight Gameplay
  • Gears 1-4 collection for PC/Steam
  • Gears 6
  • Glimpse of the rumoured Xbox handheld
  • Fable gameplay
  • Halo 5 for PC/Steam

Think these are my main wants to come from this.

Lugia667

Inkling
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins
Normal people only buy one game and that's CoD, it really isn't that hard to understand.

--

Praying for Killer Instinct 2. There's way too much smoke right now to suggest it isn't getting announced this year.
it's still silly to hide it and act all sneaky lol

espescially since people already noticed the acitvison logo

Derachi

Fresh Eater
Founder
Pronouns
he/him
Famicoins
Where did I say “nobody buys Call of Duty?”

Re-read my post again. I think you might have missed my point entirely.

Derachi

Fresh Eater
Founder
Pronouns
he/him
Famicoins
the thing people forget is that you don't exactly hit a CoD sales without CoD marketing. so yes, it does need that marketing
CoD has a history of having its reveals occur during like, NBA playoff games iirc. CoD is a game where the marketing goes to where people are watching, not having people go to it to watch it. It meets people where they are, because it’s a game that wants to market to as many people as possible. I feel like an Xbox showcase, aimed purely at the hardcore video game enthusiasts, is not the place for a mainstream game like COD

OP
OP
B

biglo25

Cappy
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins
could we finally see Hollow Kinght Silksong in this presentation or i coping?
it is most likely here or it would been here earlier with nintendo so where else since it was xbox that also got to announce it coming to gamepass dayone

Thunder84

Gerudo
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins
A CoD showcase is fine. Xbox is probably hoping that it will bring more eyes to their main showcase, given the popularity of CoD in general. Leverage that popularity as a way to grow interest in your other offerings.

Whether it works or not, I dunno. But at least from a business perspective, it makes more sense than a full direct for any of their other games.

meatbag

happiness
Famicoins
Compromise: they spend half the presentation on CoD BUT they also shadowdrop Silksong on Game Pass

OP
OP
B

biglo25

Cappy
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins
CoD has a history of having its reveals occur during like, NBA playoff games iirc. CoD is a game where the marketing goes to where people are watching, not having people go to it to watch it. It meets people where they are, because it’s a game that wants to market to as many people as possible. I feel like an Xbox showcase, aimed purely at the hardcore video game enthusiasts, is not the place for a mainstream game like COD
i feel its more of a statement kind of thing that COD is back where it belongs type thing

Silky

GET IN THE RING
Pronouns
he/him
Famicoins
Where did I say “nobody buys Call of Duty?”

Re-read my post again. I think you might have missed my point entirely.
I never implied you said that, and I apologize if my reply to you came off as abrasive. Have a good one.

Bonejack

The Ancient One
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins
Everyone: "Will Silksong be there?"

Me: "I hope Silksong will be out by that time, get your priorities right folks."

Tall Valley Nerd

Piranha Plant
Pronouns
he/him
Famicoins
they are making cod gulf war ???
really! with all what is happening now in the region
and with what i know about past cods treatment to warfare here this will really be painful to watch

Haziqonfire

Toronto Wasteman
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins
You'd figure they’d use the showcase to show off something that might have as much exposure as CoD, but alas.

EvilChameleon

Rockenberg Enthusiast
Pronouns
he/him
Famicoins
COD has always had a dedicated reveal event for as long as I can remember. This time it's just tacked-on to the XBOX showcase.

robertman2

Chain Chomp
Pronouns
He/him
Famicoins
my only real want from xbox rn is more ps5/switch ports, but I'll be shocked if they're here.

then again xbox management is run by total fucking bozos, so who knows!

ItWasMeantToBe19

Manakete
Famicoins
it's still silly to hide it and act all sneaky lol

espescially since people already noticed the acitvison logo

The [REDACTED] thing is because Black Ops has a very batshit story that delves into extreme conspiracy stuff and government secrets and alt history.

I don't think they're trying to tease at all.

9-Volt

Adept
Pronouns
he/him
Famicoins
This is their first year of Call of Duty agreement with Nintendo so I want my CoD on Switch. I know, this new CoD game might be impossible so I'd be totally ok with Black Ops 1-2-3 Collection. Gimme.

Hocot8

Kremling
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins
I have zero faith in the CoD game this year. I'm just hoping for the old games to come to gamepass lol.

EvilChameleon

Rockenberg Enthusiast
Pronouns
he/him
Famicoins
This is their first year of Call of Duty agreement with Nintendo so I want my CoD on Switch. I know, this new CoD game might be impossible so I'd be totally ok with Black Ops 1-2-3 Collection. Gimme.
Heck, I'd settle for COD2+3 for some nice WW2 action.

OP
OP
B

biglo25

Cappy
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins
The [REDACTED] thing is because Black Ops has a very batshit story that delves into extreme conspiracy stuff and government secrets and alt history.

yeah basically it will be Revealed at SGF with a tease with the name included and with the usual tune in after the XBOX Games Showcase to watch the deep dive

Samurai Goroh

Shriekbat
Pronouns
He/him
Famicoins

I appreciate them putting the COD stuff at the end so I don't have to sit through it. And they spent billions to own COD, so it makes sense that they would want to promote it as much as possible, even if pretty much none of us care.

ngpdrew

From the Rafters
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins

I agree with you, but you just gave me flashbacks to when Modern Warfare 2 was coming out and people were freaking out about screenshots being published. I suggested that it was weird to get that excited when you basically knew what you were getting and boy oh boy was THAT a comment section to behold.

ngpdrew

From the Rafters
Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins

If they weren't trying to tease at all then wouldn't they just say "STAY TUNED AFTER FOR A CALL OF DUTY DIRECT!"

JorgenRaft

Chain Chomp
Famicoins
On the plus side of Xbox now owning CoD, at least PlayStation shows probably won’t have those giant gameplay segments of the upcoming games anymore in their presentations.

Top Bottom