• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door (2024) — Pre-release Discussion Thread

WAIT WHAT FR

Oh my god I was just gonna pick it up from Gamestop after I got back from my vacation, but if I can place a pre-order and they'll hold onto it with the bonus when I get back at the end of the month...hoo boy I want me some sweet, sweet nostalgia.

I didn't think Canada was getting any pre-order bonuses; I just kept seeing the ones for US and Europe lol
Canada sucks big time so we have to cherish one of our few Ws

WAIT WHAT FR

Oh my god I was just gonna pick it up from Gamestop after I got back from my vacation, but if I can place a pre-order and they'll hold onto it with the bonus when I get back at the end of the month...hoo boy I want me some sweet, sweet nostalgia.

I didn't think Canada was getting any pre-order bonuses; I just kept seeing the ones for US and Europe lol
Wait, which U.S. ones? I didn't think there were any

Anyone got anymore good, new screenshots? The remake looks like it's going to excel with fans and new fans alike. Nintendo did great by thier fans here with TTYD Remake

Walmart probably under ordered their original allotment. Preorders then could have exceeded both their retail and preorder stock. Nintendo doesn’t do a huge amount of extra inventory for a launch wave so if Walmart then only requested more a month out, Nintendo just doesn’t have the stock to fill it as it takes months to get more shipped. So since Walmart doesn’t have the stock to fill preorders even if they cut retail entirely, they just fully cancel preorders because they don’t have a system in place for partial cancellations
The specific line they're saying is that Nintendo will only allow it to be sold in-stores. They're also phrasing it as if they'll have plenty of stock, they're just not allowed to sell it online. It's hard to say before May 23rd, but it doesn't sound like there's real stock issues here.

If it's not enough stock, Wal-Mart is either lying (possible) or spinning a prioritization of online over brick and mortar into "Nintendo won't allow it" (maybe not a lie, but definitely misleading).

So, this is another metroidvania nerf I guess. They want you to be able to look for these things sooner rather than later.

Back
Top Bottom