• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Papagenos hints at a new adventure game starring Zelda as the main playable character

Andre3333456

Moblin
Pronouns
He/Him
It has been while since Zelda was last time playable in 4 years in the spin-off Zelda title Hyrule Warriors Age of Calamity and 15 years since she appeared in a mainline Zelda title; Spirit Tracks as a side character, but recently papagenos posted this:

All the letters in caps spells out "THISISAHINT", which means that papagenos has hinted that he recently heard about a new Zelda adventure game featuring Zelda as the main character.

This isn't the only time that papagenos leaked at anything from Nintendo as he leaked certain Nintendo content several times (ex: Princess Peach showtime, Metroid Prime remaster, SMRPG remake and etc.) in the past, so this may be pretty legit for this to happen, for now we don't what type of artstyle will this new Zelda adventure game will take.

Last edited:
We already got a Zelda adventure.

MQVrOax.jpeg

Imagine a new 2D Zelda where the usual two world system is split between two characters: Link is in the “light world” with his usual gameplay, Zelda is in the “dark world” with a new style of gameplay.

Shit would go impossibly hard.

Nintendo is usually pretty good at giving the fans what they want in their tentpole franchises, and the fervor for a game starring Zelda has certainly gone up a few notches since the Switch launched, so I wouldn't be surprised to see this happen!

How reliable of a leaker is he?
He's gotten 2 things before and another dubious prediction right. He said someone told him Prime 1 was getting a full remaster and shadow drop just before it happened, he also said Mario RPG was getting a remake. As for the dubious prediction, he knew all the forms of peach in Showtime. However you could pretty easily infer them from the first trailer since they showed the symbols for the outfits.

*long drag on three-to-five cigarettes all at once* I haven't heard that name in years

is this a leak/rumour or someone just hazarding a guess after Peach's Showtime and seeing the general frequency of Zelda spinoffs in off years

Like I'd leap at the opportunity play something like Chants of Sennaar starring TotK Zelda but I need to see something substantial to take this seriously.

Last edited:
We had a game where this zelda was the main character. It was called Age of Calamity. Anything that involves this zelda (or any other, for that matter) being the main player character is going to be a spin off; if nothing else, obviously because the next 3D zelda is years out so anything being hinted at can't be that.

Between age of calamity and Cadence of hyrule, as well as the original Hyrule warriors, Nintendo obviously has no problem with zelda being playable, it just won't be a full fat mainline zelda, so I hope people set their expectations accordingly.

also you can't put that picture in a tweet and expect me not to shout "GIVE US THE GAY ZELDAS YOU COWARDS" at the screen

It's been long enough since I heard of him that I can't recall what his original scoops were.

I'd be down if true, I don't usually trust Papagenos but he did leak Baten Kaitos before it was announced.

I dunno Papagenos track record is fully reliable yet, he has had some misses in the past espeically when it comes to smash

I’d love to see Zelda star in a kingdom management game like that final fantasy my life as a king game. You could send heroes like link out on adventures to plunder the enemies and bring back the spoils to enrich the land and hyrule castle.

He's gotten 2 things before and another dubious prediction right. He said someone told him Prime 1 was getting a full remaster and shadow drop just before it happened, he also said Mario RPG was getting a remake. As for the dubious prediction, he knew all the forms of peach in Showtime. However you could pretty easily infer them from the first trailer since they showed the symbols for the outfits.
IIRC the Peach leak was actually before we even got the second trailer. We didn't even fully see a transformation by that point, only that initial reveal without a title.

Watch it be Hyrule Warriors 3.

It's either going to be that or some other spin off, and pretty certainly not going to be a 3D zelda open air (or OOT style for that matter) game.

If zelda is playable as the only major character of an upcoming game, it'll be because they wanted to extend the Zelda series in a new direction and see a chance to use zelda for something they wouldn't normally use link for, like they just did with Princess Peach in Princess Peach showtime

IIRC the Peach leak was actually before we even got the second trailer. We didn't even fully see a transformation by that point, only that initial reveal without a title.
It was after the actual reveal trailer because his leak only detailed stuff that was found as background elements in the reveal trailer. The one where they showed off the actual title, I mean.

It was after the actual reveal trailer because his leak only detailed stuff that was found as background elements in the reveal trailer. The one where they showed off the actual title, I mean.
I think we might be speaking about different leaks, I'm not totally familiar with that one. He mentioned that the game would feature transformations and one of them would be a ninja, that was before the September direct, and I don't think we had any of those details at that point.

My first instinct is to not trust any rumor that stems from PapaGenos as someone who was there for the Smash Ultimate days (and already knew for a fact back then that his information was bunk), but I'll give him some credit that his information in recent history seems to be a bit more reliable, so I'll humor him for now. Switch's software slate isn't entirely exhausted yet after all, and I think a leading game with Zelda makes some sense after the TOTK reception and Princess Peach's Showtime.

Personally crossing my fingers that it ends up being a 2D Zelda game with her in the leading role, assuming this is true. Grezzo seems like they haven't been up to much as of late, and Cadence of Hyrule shows how it could work.

Imagine a new 2D Zelda where the usual two world system is split between two characters: Link is in the “light world” with his usual gameplay, Zelda is in the “dark world” with a new style of gameplay.

Shit would go impossibly hard.
I legit spent most of the build-up to TOTK believing that this was the case and Nintendo was just hiding it. I thought Zelda was going to explore the underground. 😭

Having her appear in more prominent roles or actually be playable would be nice, but what exactly do people envision a Zelda game looking like? If it's just what exists but Zelda replaces Link I don't see a huge point. Also don't think Nintendo would cannibalize sales to run two identical series with the primary difference being a male/female mc. Not that more Zelda type games wouldn't be cool regardless.

They've never given her much depth beyond her lineage though. She doesn't ever talk about anything besides Link's quest. Honestly, I don't know much about the character beyond her surface values after 20+ years of playing the games. I don't see a Peach Showtime type spinoff for her (or something akin to a completely different genre) given the persona they've given her. She's sweet and looks cool but she's really not an interesting character by large.

Imagine the direct in June has 2D Zelda, Prime remasters, Rhythm Heaven, and Kid Icarus Uprising remaster

Seems like it'll be a TOTK expansion or spin-off game. Doubt it's 2D.
Really the only reason people are speculating 2D is that some of the staff from the Link's Awakening remake haven't had any major credits since that game came out. Seems like the time is right for a Grezzo Zelda project, so it's certainly possible.

Zelda playable in more traditional style Zelda game set in BotW/TotK world complete with traditional style puzzle dungeons to make classic fans happy.

Watch it be Hyrule Warriors 3.
Would be my guess, as well. As far as Musou games go, Omega Force has been oddly pretty silent for the coming fiscal year, beyond updates for things that are already out.

Hyrule Warriors: The Imprisoning War, where instead of relying on Link to clean up the mess in TOTK, Zelda, Rauru and pals handle shit in this alternate timeline, and Link brings in the cavalry from another timeline (from AoC) midway through the game's story to help out.

Back
Top Bottom