• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST32 May 2024| Endless Ocean Season!, Paper Mario Season!

Which Season?

• Total voters
YA GIRL IS NOW UNEMPLOYED!
Will perhaps pop less bubble if money starts running out later, but I'm allowing myself to be happy now.

200w-1.gif
51296144d13a0c51afb70ef2688aba6c.png

Pleased this is confirmed, curious to see how much it covers and if it works as a basic recap onboarding for newcomers

For me it's more like

riddled.png
I’m still suffering physical and mental issues from my last full time job a year and a half ago and still have no clue what to go into next that won’t cause me to shut down completely(it was aggravated by some previous jobs too). Honestly still so stress and panic vulnerable not sure I can do a full time job again. Trying to get something to hold me over for the summer tho

*does an adorably shit job at washing a Mustang*
Heard you like bad boys 😏 Well I'm bad at everything

This is a Nintendo forum. We enjoy regurgitated shit.
Reported for personal attack on my character.

The only good thing religion does ... giving us days-off.
Amen, brudda 🙏

i once knew a person that pronounced rattata as ratayta
I knew a guy who thought Shaquille O'Neal was pronounced "Sha-KWEEL", and Kanye West was "KAY knee".

It's okay to laugh at him. He was a white trash shitstain that I have the fortune of no longer having in my life

Thank mods that Fake Puzzles thread was locked. :LOL:
I missed it being locked by about half an hour at first; I wanted to get my dunk in on J Blow too haha
For me it's more like

riddled.png
No love lost there, extra congratulations to getting out of that hellhole!

I was unemployed for a year and a half after college. Job opportunities were scarce. Even though the great recession was 3 years prior, companies were still slow to hire. In my field, not as many people were laid off because it takes a long time to train a new person so companies held onto their staff but they also weren't looking to hire more. Being unemployed was one of the worst feelings in the world. My game enjoyment suffered because even though you have more time to play games, it doesn't feel earned. I ended up going back to school for my Masters and it all worked out in the end.

But now that I have been working for 10 years, I kind of reminisce about the days when I didn't have work. There was a weird satisfaction of going to Best Buy at 11am on a Thursday. I wish I had more time to play games or catch up on shows. But I know I wouldn't be able to enjoy those things to their fullest without employment. It's like how hunger makes food taste better, closing up my laptop on a Friday afternoon and turning on my Switch is more enjoyable than waking up on a Wednesday at noon and going straight to gaming. Not saying that people should suffer through terrible jobs to enjoy other aspects of life better though. I think it's about striking a balance between finding satisfaction with your work and then kicking back to enjoy the finer things.

I know I'm not alone in agreeing with this, but also would it be a popular enough genre to get a slice of life sim game with hyper-realistic graphics like Ghost of Tsushima with the gameplay mechanics of Stardew Valley or Animal Crossing?

I'm glad I wasn't here for the Puzzle thread because it probably would have been locked when I was an hour+ into a post about how Zelda puzzles do in fact work completely differently from every puzzle game I've ever played, which probably wasn't even what he meant because Jonathan Blow doesn't seem like a person to have any actual insights about something.

I know I'm not alone in agreeing with this, but also would it be a popular enough genre to get a slice of life sim game with hyper-realistic graphics like Ghost of Tsushima with the gameplay mechanics of Stardew Valley or Animal Crossing?

isn't that just gardening at that point

like, y'know... Outside Edition?

For me it's more like

riddled.png
:(

I heard during a job interview with a candidate the other day that she was happy I asked normal and job related questions.

I asked her, why is that?

Well, she was asked questions at other interviews if she could keep herself standing in an overall white work environment.

I was perplexed

Long weekend here I coooooome! Games! Beefs! Journalling! Crate digging for records!

Wooooooohoooooooo!

Raining today, and I'm reminded of all the times I would play the original Animal Crossing and it would rain there too and it was just bliss. Listening to the rain outside, the rain in the game, and the rain music.

For me it's more like

riddled.png
I know its somewhat southern-boomer to start a statement with "my dad always said" but like 😅
My dad always said that being at zero is still a big gain if where you started was in the negative. Glad you're free of the mess of the past couple years, hope it gives you a chance to catch some breath and recover!

I was unemployed for a year and a half after college. Job opportunities were scarce. Even though the great recession was 3 years prior, companies were still slow to hire. In my field, not as many people were laid off because it takes a long time to train a new person so companies held onto their staff but they also weren't looking to hire more. Being unemployed was one of the worst feelings in the world. My game enjoyment suffered because even though you have more time to play games, it doesn't feel earned. I ended up going back to school for my Masters and it all worked out in the end.

But now that I have been working for 10 years, I kind of reminisce about the days when I didn't have work. There was a weird satisfaction of going to Best Buy at 11am on a Thursday. I wish I had more time to play games or catch up on shows. But I know I wouldn't be able to enjoy those things to their fullest without employment. It's like how hunger makes food taste better, closing up my laptop on a Friday afternoon and turning on my Switch is more enjoyable than waking up on a Wednesday at noon and going straight to gaming. Not saying that people should suffer through terrible jobs to enjoy other aspects of life better though. I think it's about striking a balance between finding satisfaction with your work and then kicking back to enjoy the finer things.
Yeah I've been unemployed and life-on-hold for a much longer period than I meant to be (thanks pandy) and while I miss the sense of purpose and stability and really wanna get back into working I gotta admit I'm a little nervous about not having this sort of freedom and time anymore.

I'm actually currently spending a little time in one of my favorite places in the world right now and I'd love to move out here and start over but it's so damn expensive, and my dad always says "well people are obviously living here so it must be possible" so yesterday when we were at an ice cream shop he straight-up asked the lady working there how people manage to afford to live in this area. Her answer: "I start one job at 4am, and my eight-hour shift is done around noon at which point I come here and open up and work another eight hours at this job. I do that seven days a week."

And when my dad and I walked outside I told him "See that's what I'm afraid of: having to work so much to live somewhere that I literally don't have time to actually live." Like what even is the point? Where's the balance?

Scares the hell outta me.

I know its somewhat southern-boomer to start a statement with "my dad always said" but like 😅
My dad always said that being at zero is still a big gain if where you started was in the negative. Glad you're free of the mess of the past couple years, hope it gives you a chance to catch some breath and recover!

Yeah I've been unemployed and life-on-hold for a much longer period than I meant to be (thanks pandy) and while I miss the sense of purpose and stability and really wanna get back into working I gotta admit I'm a little nervous about not having this sort of freedom and time anymore.

I'm actually currently spending a little time in one of my favorite places in the world right now and I'd love to move out here and start over but it's so damn expensive, and my dad always says "well people are obviously living here so it must be possible" so yesterday when we were at an ice cream shop he straight-up asked the lady working there how people manage to afford to live in this area. Her answer: "I start one job at 4am, and my eight-hour shift is done around noon at which point I come here and open up and work another eight hours at this job. I do that seven days a week."

And when my dad and I walked outside I told him "See that's what I'm afraid of: having to work so much to live somewhere that I literally don't have time to actually live." Like what even is the point? Where's the balance?

Scares the hell outta me.
that's so true though

I uh... don't want to put another tirade in hide tags, but suffice to say I have some stories and heavy thoughts and most of it's depressing shit!

but if you have to work two longer-than-fulltime jobs to live somewhere... find somewhere else, lmao

it's all. very hard. I am refraining more than usual to get into all the details but. yeah

boundaries are important. it's also bad if a job makes you work double your scheduled and paid time for no fucking reason. and there's lots of trauma and expectation with jobs. it's important to know what is true and valuable to you. don't work your fucking life away. do what you can to get out of bad situations. you always have to find true balance, and not having a job can be more important than having one in the right circumstances.

About uneployment

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Hm I should go ahead and grab that Gigabash 2-pack. I might still wait a touch longer on the other two for a week for the vaguest chance of a sale XD

Man the next two weeks will be good. Coming up a three day weekend, thanks Pentecost (i think this is the right translation for Pfingsten?), then the week after there's another holiday on thursday (but don't ask me which one, some religious shit) and i have two additional days off before and after that holiday. So only a two workday week.

One of the days off is blocked though, my little cousin marries so the fam gotta attend.

But the rest is freeeeee!
Could have just called Pfingsten (haha) religious shit, too. 😂

Back
Top Bottom