• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo First Party Software Development |ST| Nintendo Party Superstars

Smileboom appears on 51 worldwide games credits, so, its probably a similar game
Smileboom is known for their game maker engines (akin to RPG Maker).

That's why I wonder if it's a "Maker" game since they know how to make tools that are easy to pick up and use right out the box.

ND typically does Mario Party, so I'm putting A and B together.

SmileBoom did support work on Super Mario Party and Mario Party Superstars in addition to Clubhouse Games. Given the similarity to the former's project name it's more likely than not the next Mario Party.

Smileboom appears on 51 worldwide games credits, so, its probably a similar game
Oh my god, I just found that the CEO of SmileBoom, Takaki Kobayashi... actually worked at Agenda, the dev of the original Clubhouse Games! o_O

What are those three games project names??
Super Mario Party was Buffet, Superstars was Hundred-S, and Clubhouse Games was Table

Should note Animal Crossing Amiibo Festival (also by NDcube) was apparently BBQ, kinda in the same "food-related gathering" family as Buffet and Banquet. So I don't know if we could completely rule out it being something besides Mario Party just yet

Last edited:
I would argue that a Switch Party / Mii Party / Casual Party title might crack first before Mario Party; pushing a more general audience appeal if the title is positioned near next hardware launch. Smileboom also was a co-developer on Wii Party U.
It's Animal Crossing Party time

i could be from the other ndcube,seems like they back to making party games
if you wondering why 11 years without a credit, ndcube tokyo after island tour made amiibo festival and then spend the last 9 years on Animal Crossing Pocket Camp it seems the game its slowing down or dying soon

i could be from the other ndcube,seems like they back to making party games
if you wondering why 11 years without a credit, ndcube tokyo after island tour made amiibo festival and then spend the last 9 years on Animal Crossing Pocket Camp it seems the game its slowing down or dying soon
ANIMAL
CROSSING
PARTY

In trying to think of a how an AC party game would play, the first thing that comes to mind is Monopoly with Mario Party minigames 😅

What would this look like to you? I love AC as much as the next guy, but I'm at a loss for how it would translate to a Mario Party type game.
i may be missing a joke but

570448_front.jpg

I've been predicting another NdCube developed Animal Crossing spin off for years, so maybe they've finally caved and gone ahead with one.

Wasn't there a rumour (?) about NdCube working on an original property or did I just imagine that?

edit: here we go

Last edited:
Yeah, pretty certain it's Mario Party now. Super Mario Party 2? Mario Party Superstars 2? Mario Party: Subtitle?

Btw here we have a 2024 release to sell 10m after all lmaaaoooo
I would like to see a Superstars version focused on the GameCube boards.

NDCube has been quietly one of Nintendo's most successful studios. Besides 1,2 Switch 2 everything they released has been huge. Would be cool if they let them off the leash and do their own IP

NDCube has been quietly one of Nintendo's most successful studios. Besides 1,2 Switch 2 everything they released has been huge. Would be cool if they let them off the leash and do their own IP
Aww, yeah, I'm picking up what you're putting down... it's time for Tube Slider 2.

363588-10-peores-caratulas-gamecube.jpg

But yeah, it would be interesting to see what would happen if modern NDcube did something other than a party game, if only to shake things up a bit in-between their guaranteed 10+ million sellers. Mario Kart team got to do ARMS and that was cool, so it would be interesting if one of the directors/producers at NDcube took a similar swing to do something new as well.

Would really really love them to do another Mario Party, although I would understand the desire of the developers to make something original. Just one more Mario Party please, come on guys ;)

But yeah, it would be interesting to see what would happen if modern NDcube did something other than a party game, if only to shake things up a bit in-between their guaranteed 10+ million sellers
Complete pipe dream, but their first game was F-Zero Maximum Velocity. Imagine if NDcube of all studios were the ones to go back and finally make a brand-new 3D F-Zero

(I mean hey, if they want to take a break from 10+ million sellers, probably can't do much "better" than F-Zero, right?)

Complete pipe dream, but their first game was F-Zero Maximum Velocity. Imagine if NDcube of all studios were the ones to go back and finally make a brand-new 3D F-Zero

That was literally a different studio besides the name. Also Maximum Velocity was developed with EPD and included staff from the original (Design, Art, Music). Now, the one NDCUBE developed by themselves was Tube Slider.....

(I mean hey, if they want to take a break from 10+ million sellers, probably can't do much "better" than F-Zero, right?)
No, current ndcube started in 2009, the old studio closed and nintendo just reutilized the name and office space, theres nobody from the old version at current ndcube

No, current ndcube started in 2009, the old studio closed and nintendo just reutilized the name and office space,
Huh, I just assumed that they had random projects in dev hell for most of the 2000s and were then restructured. Why recycle the name if it's a completely new studio with no ties to Dentsu?

What makes us necessarily think that this Ndcube project is planned for 2024? A new Mario party game would make a lot of sense for the start of the next console’s life cycle, while a third Mario party game on the switch 1 would have a limited interest in my opinion.

What makes us necessarily think that this Ndcube project is planned for 2024? A new Mario party game would make a lot of sense for the start of the next console’s life cycle, while a third Mario party game on the switch 1 would have a limited interest in my opinion.
Yeah I'm more of the opinion Mario Party would be more useful as a long term seller on new hardware, but who knows?

NdCube could have a different game this year, though. They've been pretty productive on Switch. If Nintendo want to fill their usual October Super Mario spot, Camelot might have another sports title ready.

It's possible it was supposed to be a cross-gen launch window game before the delay.

only one mainline game, gamecube got 4,wii and 3ds had games the year their sucessor released, it could be a switch only game and next year theres another mario party, they work fast and people forget 1-2 switch was finished in 2021

I just want some sweet sweet new IPs from the now Nintendo-employed Hudson folks. As pointed out they are toying with stuff, whether anything materializes is another thing.

Hudson had so many diverse franchises of practically every genre. Shmups like Star Soldier, mascots/platformers like Bomberman, Bonk, Adventure Island, etc. JRPGs like Far East of Eden, horror games like The Calling, non-Mario original mini-game collections like Help Wanted. Puzzle games like Kororinpa. The list goes on!

I really hope that banquet ends up being a successor to either Wii Party U or Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival rather than yet another Mario Party, but if it is just another Mario Party I hope they finally make it an actual party game and find a way to support at least 8 players—while also making use of the Joy-Con’s features as Super Mario Party did.

only one mainline game, gamecube got 4,wii and 3ds had games the year their sucessor released, it could be a switch only game and next year theres another mario party, they work fast and people forget 1-2 switch was finished in 2021
That’s right. I’m not saying it never happened, I’m saying I won’t see the benefit of it personally. Moreover the situation and context of the release of GameCube games is not at all comparable.

I don’t know, I think it would be useful to have a Mario party exclusive to switch 2 pretty quickly because I don’t expect the next Smash or Splatoon to come out very quickly.

from another topic,i found music examples from nearly all those new composers that joined those last years if someone wondering their styles
Yutaro Takakuwa

Haruko Torii Takuhiro Honda

Reika Nagai

Kairi Hamada

Tsukasa Usui

Yeah I'm more of the opinion Mario Party would be more useful as a long term seller on new hardware, but who knows?

NdCube could have a different game this year, though. They've been pretty productive on Switch. If Nintendo want to fill their usual October Super Mario spot, Camelot might have another sports title ready.
If Switch 2 really is backwards compatible this shouldn't be an issue. I'm sure there'll still be people who'd buy the latest Mario Party if it works on their new Switch.
Once again dreaming of an Astral Chain sequel because Kaori Ando hasn't cropped up on much since her co-directing turn on that game. She was involved in 3D World + Bowser's Fury, but interestingly after that I think she's only popped up as a Special Thanks credits for both Bayonetta 3 and Bayonetta Origins. So perhaps she's still pretty heavily involved in whatever their next Nintendo collaboration will be...
Now I'm confident to wager that Astral Chain will definitely get a sequel since it's Nintendo's flagship, fully-owned character action series. It probably won't show up until 2025-2026. Crazy that it's been over 5 whole years since it was announced. I'm wondering if there won't be any more Bayonetta games in the future now that Astral Chain proved to be successful.

Now I'm confident to wager that Astral Chain will definitely get a sequel since it's Nintendo's flagship, fully-owned character action series. It probably won't show up until 2025-2026. Crazy that it's been over 5 whole years since it was announced. I'm wondering if there won't be any more Bayonetta games in the future now that Astral Chain proved to be successful.
I think the Astral Chain sequel/successor has been targeting next gen the whole time, and I expect that we’ll see it at the console reveal. They really have had a long time to work on it!

I think the Astral Chain sequel/successor has been targeting next gen the whole time, and I expect that we’ll see it at the console reveal. They really have had a long time to work on it!
I agree. I hope we do see it at the console reveal. Platinum said the game was in production for about five years between its creation and release. Hopefully it won't take longer for the sequel so we can see it next year.

Playing Mario Tennis GBC again for the first time as an adult and it's still every bit as good as I remember it.

I wish so hard we would get an RPG story mode in Mario sports games again. Looking back at Mario Tennis, it's not even anything super elaborate, the world is comprised of like 6 locations total? As someone who never really cared much for multiplayer (especially online), I simply have no incentive to play these games anymore despite loving the gameplay.

looks like pokemon company itself its starting to develop games, the american office,w onder how a western developed pokemon game gonna look

If I'm remembering correctly TCG Live is developed internally by TPCi so there's that. TPC does not have an internal game development team as far I know.

Back
Top Bottom