• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo First Party Software Development |ST| Nintendo Party Superstars

Playing Mario Tennis GBC again for the first time as an adult and it's still every bit as good as I remember it.

I wish so hard we would get an RPG story mode in Mario sports games again. Looking back at Mario Tennis, it's not even anything super elaborate, the world is comprised of like 6 locations total? As someone who never really cared much for multiplayer (especially online), I simply have no incentive to play these games anymore despite loving the gameplay.
I played it again a few weeks ago and thought the same thing. I'd really like to see the next Mario Tennis take on some of that DNA and atmosphere.

If I'm remembering correctly TCG Live is developed internally by TPCi so there's that. TPC does not have an internal game development team as far I know.
It seems to me that TCG Live is being developed with DeNa, with whom TPC has just set up a joint venture. I think MetaLord may be talking about something else, and I'd be very curious to know more.

I played it again a few weeks ago and thought the same thing. I'd really like to see the next Mario Tennis take on some of that DNA and atmosphere.

It seems to me that TCG Live is being developed with DeNa, with whom TPC has just set up a joint venture. I think MetaLord may be talking about something else, and I'd be very curious to know more.
That's TCG Pocket. TCG Live is the successor to TCG Online. It's basically a way to play the trading card game online.

you right,its old news, they already released a game, TCG live, but they have a division called Game Studio and seem to be growing fast and hiring experienced staff, even from nintendo and working on multiple games

"I started at Pokémon as a Senior Producer working on one title with a team of two. Since then, my responsibilities have grown with the studio. Today, I'm pleased to be working on several titles within the Game Studio and leading nearly a dozen producers."

• Job Title: Technical Designer
  • Job Summary: The Technical Designer role at The Pokémon Company International will work on the release and development pipeline for multiple products to ensure rapid and stable development. This role will work across development groups to develop automation, tooling and continuous integration processes that will support the life of our products from pre-production to post launch content. These live products will be maintained post launch through multiple content releases which requires multiple tools and resources and a tight collaboration across disciplines.

you right,its old news, they already released a game, TCG live, but they have a division called Game Studio and seem to be growing fast and hiring experienced staff, even from nintendo and working on multiple games

"I started at Pokémon as a Senior Producer working on one title with a team of two. Since then, my responsibilities have grown with the studio. Today, I'm pleased to be working on several titles within the Game Studio and leading nearly a dozen producers."

• Job Summary: The Technical Designer role at The Pokémon Company International will work on the release and development pipeline for multiple products to ensure rapid and stable development. This role will work across development groups to develop automation, tooling and continuous integration processes that will support the life of our products from pre-production to post launch content. These live products will be maintained post launch through multiple content releases which requires multiple tools and resources and a tight collaboration across disciplines.
Funny, Game Studio is the name of a Japanese dev who I think are owned by the owners of Tri-Ace, but most relevant in my research actually have origins with .. Marigul! Explains why Noise (Custom Robo) have been their support dev on recent DQ spin-offs, specifically Dragon Quest of the Stars and Adventures of Dai.

TPCi making games is a smart move given Game Freak will have to let their games cook for longer. not because of skill, but because they're now working with PS4+ hardware. they are not making games in 3 years unless they are still at the fidelity of 3DS games

This sounds more akin to what the engineers at NTD (Nintendo Technology Development Inc.) do at Nintendo rather than dedicated game studios. Essentially tech and development coordination.

interesting thing about this job listing is that this job in particular has heavy emphasis on TCG Live. but the position would naturally go to other games. same with the Technical Artist role

interestingly, it'll all be in Unity. probably to keep the knowledge pool consolidated

This sounds more akin to what the engineers at NTD (Nintendo Technology Development Inc.) do at Nintendo rather than dedicated game studios. Essentially tech and development coordination.

this job listing give this impression, but the other one and recent hires seem to point to a game dev,quite a lot of game designers

Get to know the role

• Job Title: Technical Artist
  • Job Summary: The Technical Artist role will serve to connect our artists and engineers enabling our team to maintain and improve the efficiency and the efficacy of our content pipelines and workflows. The primary role is to develop tools, scripts, and plugins to facilitate art asset integration into the Unity engine. In addition, this role will regularly work to enhance workflows with animation controllers, character rigging, shaders, UI systems and perform regular performance optimization.
  • FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
  • People Manager: No

What you’ll do

• Work closely with Art Leads, Engineers, Animators, VFX and UI artists to support and improve workflows, pipelines and processes.
  • Develop tools, scripts and plugins to improve and streamline art asset integration into the Unity build environment.
  • Set up animation controllers, state machines, triggers, events and timeline sequences.
  • Efficiently and proactively solve problems, analyze performance metrics, perform optimizations and diagnose technical issues.
  • Support the art team and designers by developing tools and processes to help prototype new concepts and ideas.
  • Research and develop new tools and technologies.

I am glad that we are seeing more Youtubers look into Nintendo development process, as there's far too many Nintendo focused Youtubers who keep asking "where's X franchise?", "why isn't Nintendo making X?", or like complaining about the existence of a franchise as if it's taking resources away from a different IP, even though an entire separate team works on that. The answers are a lot more apparent if you have an idea of what teams work on what franchises.

Not all the video are super in-depth, but it's nice to see more of a spotlight on it.

Back
Top Bottom