• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Jackbox Games is making FUCKED UP and EVIL party games now (likely every platform, Rated M for Mature)

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They

Dim the lights and charge up your devices (you know which ones) because here comes Jackbox Naughty Pack, an intimate pack of three games that are sure to have you laughing and maybe even sweating just a little, coming out later this year. We will be revealing more details this summer, but for now, we can tell you that this will be Jackbox’s first M (Mature 17+) rated game, full of spicy surprises and maybe even some familiar faces.
yes, Pinball games aren’t the only thing going mature nowadays.

the description notes that this is being made partially in response to people flooding their teen-rated party games with sus content. but it’s worth noting the older You Don’t Know Jack games already had blue content that got changed later on.
there’s a notable easter egg in the original where writing an F Bomb in a question that uses typed responses causes the game to call you out, eventually forcefully closing the application if every player does it.
older copies would have the host directly saying the word right back, but the ESRB was displeased, and so they rewrote the dialogue to be swear free. (on the other side of the equation, Jackbox also made an E-rated “censored” version intended for families with further edits. but it seems like that was a very limited release.)

there’s a notable easter egg in the original where writing an F Bomb in a question that uses typed responses causes the game to call you out, eventually forcefully closing the application if every player does it.
older copies would have the host directly saying the word right back, but the ESRB was displeased, and so they rewrote the dialogue to be swear free.
I remember discovering this as a kid, and middle school me thought it was the funniest thing.

Very curious as to what this "Naughty Pack" is.

Honestly every game I've had usually has M+ user content from someone so why not? The Jackbox games have been very expensive for the last few releases. Priced more nearly like a collectable board game, which isn't great when half the games don't have a lot of replay value. Servers aren't cheap I guess. I guess they need some gimmick now, apparently 10 wasn't received so well despite having TKO 2 which people clamored for.

Jackbox parties are some of the most fun so I hope this works out for them.

It was inevitable. Almost every “party” board game rolls out an “adult” version at some point. Surprised they made it nearly 10 years before doing so.

Might be fun. Guessing trivia games about sex and stuff like that. While not every game from those guys is a banger, I trust them to not just do completely offensive garbage.

These were already great games to play in relationships and with irl friends. Naughty Pack should make at-home group game nights a lot more fun.

I mean, I have the rest of them by now, might as well make it a complete collection lol

Jackbox version of this.
ironically this got a 12 rating in the UK, due to it being a lot tamer than the trailer implied.
AHif17T.jpeg

yes, the current PEGI site uses the Switch icon to represent Wii games for some reason.

the US release was canned due to controversy, though this wasn't the only game Ubisoft inexplicably promoted as being more mature than it actually is.
Jam Sessions (rated three) received various ads in Australia playing up the "rockstar" element by featuring the protags being rude and swearing a ton.

this game was released in 2007, for reference.

Back
Top Bottom