• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News In more Limited run failure their 3do game is a CDr game not pressed will not work on consoles

Added more info to this sad fail saga
  • sagadego20

Paratroopa
    Pronouns
    He/Him

lol
    @LimitedRunGames
    is shipping out 3DO games on CDR (rather than pressed discs) and the best part: they won’t even work on real hardware

I know I talk about a lot of things on here and people might consider this "drama", but please just hear me out and read until the end. This company is problematic in more ways than one and it's becoming exhausting.
    @LimitedRunGames
    charges an absolute premium for their "limited releases", yet they're burning CD-Rs for some of the disc based titles.. Yes, you read that correctly. LimitedRunGames is burning CDs and selling them as a "limited games release". LRG is charging $60+ for these 3DO games and they're literally burning them to cheap CD-R media. How can you in good conscious take peoples money while not even properly having these discs pressed? What's "limited" about a CD-R backup? This is the very definition of low effort grifting.
    @LimitedRunGames
    is literally "ripping" people off with their grifts. Please share and RT this so people can be better informed because whether you like it or not; If nobody says anything about this, then everyone suffers.. I recognize that many larger Youtube channels have vested interests in shoring these people up, but I'm not going to turn a blind eye to this as the community, you people, deserve to be treated better and more fairly. Absolutely outrageous.. A $60+ CD-R backup.

https://twitter.com/Voultar/status/1785760704663896230/photo/1

Last edited:
    From the limited run goobers

• Hello! We are actively working with our disc replication partners to provide replacement pressed discs for our customers and hope to find a solution shortly. Also note, no further physical 3DO games will be produced by Limited Run Games until this issue is fully resolved!

Back
    Top Bottom