• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News EA Sports College Football 25 coming July 19th to PS5 and Xbox Series S/X, new reveal trailer

Hype is lowering. What the heck are college football points? No PC version. I was ready to fully be bought in, but now I need to see more of the game before I can really get excited again.

No PC = pain

Ultimate team or whatever equivalent was honestly all but guaranteed imo. I think the last one that came out in 2013 also had some sort of microtransaction mode

Deciding to wait a day for the full reveal was… a choice. The cynic in me thinks they’re trying to grab a ton of pre-orders before showing a really poor product tomorrow, but I’ll remain cautiously optimistic until I don’t have a reason to be

Cover athletes from each school:

Michigan - 4
Ohio State - 0

Go Blue! National champs!!!

Alright, the Trailer passes the eye test at least, game looks great and it looks like they are going hard on the team specific rituals and whatnot, which is encouraging. Hopefully this is extended to all teams, not just the top 10 markets or so. Cautiously more optimistic now, but will still need to know more about Dynasty mode and what else is new.

Good Article from ESPN giving some behind the scenes

I recommend reading the whole thing as it’s a really fascinating article with actual game development tidbits, but below are some of the notes that stuck out to me:
"Every school is somebody's favorite school," Holt said. "Became kind of a rallying cry for us as a dev team."

With the team largely built, they needed to figure out how to make a game centered around authenticity. That meant everything: stadiums, rosters, mascots and crowds.

The team created a pageantry database, which became a rolling list of traditions and idiosyncrasies for all 134 FBS programs. They asked schools for help, added what they knew from their own college football fandoms and even scoured fan forums to find things they may have missed -- or to learn that a school no longer did tradition X or hand signal Y.

Production director Christian McLeod said every school had to have something. Not every tradition or chant or hand signal ended up in this year's game, but they wanted something for everyone.

While part of the team built out stadiums and mascots, another focused on game play with the same intent as everyone else -- College Football would not look or play like Madden

I’m still cautiously optimistic, but there seems to be a lot of pride in making this different than Madden and delivering a genuine college football experience

Ugh, I can already feel that I am talking myself into getting either a PS5 or Series X for this game. Every generation there’s always one game that gets me to crack on getting my non-Nintendo platform. Mass Effect, then Monster Hunter World, now this.

Previews New
I'm guessing they'll do a series of these videos and blog posts to show more features and modes (dynasty, RTG, Ultimate team, etc.), but what they've already shown is selling me. Granted that wasn't going to take too much though lol.

Now I have to decide what system I'll buy for this. Between either a Series S (cost, overlap with Gamepass subscription), or PS5 (ability to play other exclusives, potentially join friends for online dynasty). Series X doesn't seem worth it for me in this case when I already have a decent PC

Back
Top Bottom