• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Zen Studios is making FUCKED UP and EVIL digital Pinball tables now. (basically every platform, rated M for Mature)

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
Famicoins

including Dead by Daylight, Chucky from Child's Play, and a mature version of the previously released original "Wrath of the Elder Gods" table.
the original Pinball FX series has gotten plenty of tables based on adult franchises. including DOOM, Alien, and even South Park. but those were toned down to fit within a lower age rating. while this is going to give you the full uncensored experience.

more seriously, the actual intention of this is likely for digital recreations of real pinball tables. they previously picked up the license for various Bally & Williams tables back in 2018. which frequently had censorship issues to avoid having to re-rate the application.
creating an entirely separate "mature" pinball application means that the base one will still keep it's lower "family-friendly" rating, while also allowing them to re-release more mature tables without needing to censor them.

LiC

Famicoins
I appreciated the reference.

647.jpg

GAP

Cappy
Famicoins
Pinball enthusiasts rank very high on my “happy for them” list. A niche I’ll never understand but glad to see nonetheless. The DBD table is probably pretty funny watching poor Dwight helpless while multi balls fly all over.

Only had the pleasure of playing 3 pinball games and one of them is Space Cadet

Pronouns
He/Him
Famicoins
Oh, I'm so fucking here for this.

How does this work? Is it based on micro transactions, or do I have the option to pay more for a full package?

D

Deleted member 1005

I never thought I'd see the day where a pinball game gets a mature rating.

a Duke Nukem table is coming to this now
OP
OP
Krvavi Abadas

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
Famicoins

note that this is a completely new table, and not a remake of the original Duke pinball table created for the Balls Of Steel compilation. despite what the autogenerated Youtube description would lead you to believe.
image.png

not sure what the legal situation for that is, but it's possible 3D realms still owns the non Duke Nukem tables included in the compilation.

(amusingly, Zen also confirmed the Teen-rated South Park table is getting re-released for the main Pinball FX application a few days prior.)

robertman2

Chain Chomp
Pronouns
He/him
Famicoins

note that this is a completely new table, and not a remake of the original Duke pinball table created for the Balls Of Steel compilation. despite what the autogenerated Youtube description would lead you to believe.
image.png

not sure what the legal situation for that is, but it's possible 3D realms still owns the non Duke Nukem tables included in the compilation.

(amusingly, Zen also confirmed the Teen-rated South Park table is getting re-released for the main Pinball FX application a few days prior.)

Wonder if they'll do a new South Park table for this, base it off Stick of Truth or Fractured But Whole or something

Tangerine_Cookie

Time to mix drinks and #TrustTheProcess
Pronouns
She/Her
Famicoins

image.png

Balls of Very Heavy Metal Designed to be Used In a Pinball Table edition.

KingOnion

Moblin
Famicoins
If only the Zen original tables were any good. They should just stick to chasing the licenses for existing tables…

launching November 30th, and a table based off "The Thing" has been added.
OP
OP
Krvavi Abadas

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
Famicoins

Immerse yourself in the thrilling and suspenseful world of Universal Pictures’ 1982 classic film—The THING. Use your pinball skills and battle against the shape-shifting alien through the arctic chill of U.S. Outpost #31. Can you trust anyone, even yourself?
no word on if John Carpenter is doing the OST, but it's possible he might be involved in a different way.

KingOnion

Moblin
Famicoins
the dual release on Pinball FX is unusual, not sure if they’re actually taking advantage of the rule in some regions that DLC can be rated higher than the base game, or it’ll censored on that application.
Based on some months old reddit posts I half remember they are totally producing censored versions for vanilla FX vs The Real Deal in M. Haven’t played any of these so can’t speak from experience, but this table actually looks kinda interesting compared to the usual Zen originals and their ‘peacock tail of ramps’ designs

KingOnion

Moblin
Famicoins
Okay rather than moan endlessly on here I actually gave Pinball M a shot. I only played the free table, Wrath of the Elder Gods, and it was actually alright. It reminded me of Stern’s Stranger Things table from a few years ago with its concentric orbit shots (and gooey monster theme haha).

A bit interested in checking out The Thing, purely for the theme. The only thing holding me back is how bad the Switch port is. I’ll need to play a few more rounds but so far I’ve seen consistent stuttering for the first minute or so of a game, and load times are pretty bad. And since it’s Unreal now everything is a bit more blurry than FX3.

KingOnion

Moblin
Famicoins
Okay playing this on PS5 is actually pretty good. I played the FX version of System Shock because yucky blood and guts (or because that’s what I already had downloaded 🤔). The table is good, not great. The tower you shoot up is definitely very cool, as is the way they use (the real life table) Godzilla’s magna-hold to help align the first tower shot. The rest of the table is pretty standard fare. All-in-all probably just worth it for five bucks, but I’ll probably only go back a few more times.

The FX client on PS5 is super nice however. Physics on the William’s tables feels good and everything is nice and crisp on my rotated monitor. Will definitely be playing more generally when I don’t feel like blowing quarters at my local shop.

Slam Tilt

EXCITE!
Famicoins
Pinball enthusiasts rank very high on my “happy for them” list. A niche I’ll never understand but glad to see nonetheless. The DBD table is probably pretty funny watching poor Dwight helpless while multi balls fly all over.

Only had the pleasure of playing 3 pinball games and one of them is Space Cadet
As a video-game die-hard who fell into pinball later in life, pinball is gaming for people who think Dark Souls is easy. You still have goals and objectives, but it's a lot harder to reach them due to the wildly unpredictable nature of real-life physics.

And yeah, you have to play real pinball for the genuine experience. Digital pinballs are fun but too predictable to be a proper substitute.

Texas Chainsaw Massacre table New
OP
OP
Krvavi Abadas

Krvavi Abadas

Mr. Archivist
Pronouns
He/They
Famicoins

back to having tables exclusive to Pinball M. presumably you can't say the word "Massacre" in a Teen-rated game.
i believe this is also the first Zen Studios table to be based on a true story, as the marketing for the original film proclaimed that.
What happened is true. Now the motion picture that's just as real.

Top Bottom