• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club Whatcha Playin’ This Weekend, Fam? |5/3-5/5|

Awesome! Stoked for HB2?

Yes and no. Hellblade 1 was an incredibly well made game (wearing headphones was a game changer). That said, there were some parts that are way too intense for me lol.

I'll play it, but I'm going to be nervous the whole way lol.

Cleaning up my 2022 backlog by finally starting Bayonetta 3. It's funny how I was really hyped when it was first announced, forgot about it, then didn't actually play the game until 1.5 years after it released. It's one of maybe 2-3 physical switch games I own that I still need to finish.

Woke up at 5am to get mad Ws in Fortnite with ngpdrew, now getting ready for work, you know how it iiiiiiss
Been spending most of today contemplating what a hypocrite I'll be if FFVII skins happen.

I've been very slowly going through Pokémon Black 2 and Shining Force II... Enjoying both games but lately I've been dedicating most of my free time to music instead of gaming. I don't think I'll clear either of them any time soon!

After catching all those silly simians in Ape Escape over last week, it's time to play some Ape Escape 2. This is a game I played as a kid but didn't finish. Even so, I really liked it as a kid and it's off to a good start here. Ape Escape is a little janky to play, but this sequel has polished a lot of the edges when it comes to the controls. It's a lot smoother to play. And speaking of smooth, I'm playing it on the Retroid Pocket 4 Pro and while there are graphical glitches, the game runs at full speed most of the time without having to turn on the performance mode. You love to see it!

Decent enough start to the long weekend. Already up to 20-something stars in Mario Galaxy, and I'm only aiming for credits roll rather than full completion. Spent an hour on Star Ocean 2 and continued my daily Connections streak.

Probably need to spend more time on SO2 today or tomorrow to really get into it.

I can see why people didn’t like Super Mario Sunshine, between Mario’s erratic movement and the awful camera it becomes a chore getting through some of these levels. I am determined to see the end credits by getting the minimal amount of shines possible but boy is it testing my patience :ROFLMAO:
The only thing Sunshine has going for it is the vibes. Everything else about it is bad. Best to clear it with the minimum number of shines and move on so you can say you’ve beaten every 3D Mario.

The only thing Sunshine has going for it is the vibes. Everything else about it is bad. Best to clear it with the minimum number of shines and move on so you can say you’ve beaten every 3D Mario.
You just need to welcome the tornado jump into your heart Red :)

Got a good bit of Fashion Dreamer in for the first time in a while, so I'm moving on to my next Switch Thing: replaying Metal Gear Solid 1-3.

Yeah, I actually love the vibes and set up of Mario Sunshine but playing it feels like it’s fighting against you a majority of the time. Got 41 shines at the moment, hopefully not too much left haha.

Just finished Enslaved: Odyssey to the West on Steam Deck, second time playing it (First time was way back on X360) still fun, not quite as great as I remembered it being but still enjoyed revisiting it.

Yeah, I actually love the vibes and set up of Mario Sunshine but playing it feels like it’s fighting against you a majority of the time. Got 41 shines at the moment, hopefully not too much left haha.
I actually like the movement of Sunshine a lot. I mean I guess I don't really like the feel of the hover nozzle stopping your momentum, and I do remember it being odd how you can't really do accurate shooting while walking which feels like a big oversight. But other than that, it's pretty responsive. Maybe a bit too many frames on the dash cancel when you turn the other direction while running, but then again most of Sunshine's areas are very open to compensate. I have much more problems with Mario 64's controls funnily enough.

I wish Sunshine was more popular so we could get a Sunshine 2 or something. With Nintendo I usually don't want remakes to clog up EPD's development pipeline but I can just imagine a remake of Sunshine also doing wonders. Imagine if there was a Sunshine 2 where you could aim your gun more accurately like in Splatoon while also platforming, peak.

Last edited:
With Mario in Sunshine, he never seems to do what you want/expect him to do if you know what I mean. You use the hover nozzle, land but he seems to land off centre to where you are aiming, like he skips ahead a step or two. Or you go to do wall jumps but he’ll just hit the wall at a funny angle and end up just sliding down the wall instead.

Also, I think they have too many moves associated with similar inputs, when you are trying to do some of the precision platforming, so many times I try to just do some quick jumps in different directs but then he will suddenly flip or something. It’s hard to explain but controlling Mario doesn’t feel like it flows as well as it should in this game. That and the camera just derail my enjoyment of it (it also repeats a lot of the same content and bosses fights but I feel bad hating on the game too much haha)

I do like the setting though and I like how it’s all set on one island/area but I do prefer the variation of areas you get from other Mario’s.

I played a bit of Prey, going to play more tonight but wtf the combat got good???? When you fight enemies that are less bullet spongey and have a bigger environment to move around in its pretty fun. AND I'M RIGHT AT THE END OF THE GAME WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE LIKE THIS 😭

I also started Demon's Souls (2020). I'm LOVING it so far. It reminds me of why I fell in love with Dark Souls all those years ago ... kind of makes me feel like a kid again. I did have a bit of an annoying part where I kept dying to the spear knight in Balataria only to find out the gate they were guarding was locked and I kept missing the shortcut so I had to backtrack all the way back multiple times so that sucks. But I'll blame myself for being tired and stupid 😂

Yeah only played the aforementioned Fortnite session and a tiny bit of Balatro this weekend. If I'm lucky I can finally fully dive into Rebirth starting next sunday...

My weekend report - yup I was pretty busy so Endless Ocean and Gears 5 Hivebusters ended up falling through. I did keep up with Love Live School Idol Festival 2. There’s still a few days left and I hit the same rank I hit previously in the star challenge so I’m curious how much further I can go since last time.

The only big game I played was Stellar Blade and I didn’t have much time so I only reached the construction site. I should have more free this week, so hopefully I’ll get properly into it as it seems like a lot of fun. One thing that’s both frustrating and amusing is that enemies love hiding right in the blind spot around a corner and immediately walloping you when you cross by. It’s a proper pain since they rip off so much health, but it is funny how mean it is lol. Bosses have been a good challenge so far.

I played…. nothing. Super busy weekend, and I’m exhausted. No time for the usual weekend chores, let alone for games.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend!

Guess I'll also do a weekend report: after finishing Metroid Fusion, I've started playing through Thimbleweed Park. It's got all the trappings of classic point and clicks, with all the good and bad that entails. Though at least the puzzles have not had to resort to soup-can logic. The cast is also charmingly weird, even if they wink at the fourth wall a little too much for my tastes (kinda reminded me of There Is No Game in that regard).

Also played through a couple levels of Devil May Cry 3. I still suck at it! But it's fun.

Back
Top Bottom