• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Star Wars: Hunters launches 4th June 2024 (iOS, Android, Switch)

Bishop89

Piranha Plant
https://starwarshunters.com/

Join the greatest Hunters from across the Star Wars™ galaxy on the planet of Vespaara where high-stakes competitions are awaiting them in the Arena. Engage in thrilling third person combat to dominate your opponents in a range of adventurous battlegrounds that evoke iconic Star Wars worlds. Mix and match teams, use skill, tactics and customize your Hunters to find a winning strategy and reap the spoils of victory in the all-new free-to-play game.

Nintendo Switch Exclusive
Play Star Wars: Hunters on Nintendo Switch at launch to unlock the Shift Veteran costume and Shift Blaster wrap.
1712826845-switch-skin-alpha.png

I didn't think this was a particularly good trailer for Switch gamers after being quiet for so long. Some gameplay would have been good, but I suppose it being F2P means anyone can try it without much consequence.

Out of...nowhere???
The release date or the game? If you're talking about the latter, the game was revealed in 2021 and has been weirdly MIA since then. From what I'm seeing, it was originally planned to release in 2021 and had a soft launch on mobile towards the end of 2021, getting updates since then. It seems this is now the official worldwide launch.

I'm not sure what about the game is weirder. the fact that this is the first full 3D game by Zynga and it's an Overwatch clone, or its platform choices. When I think of team based multiplayer games, mobile would hardly be the first thing come up to my mind. Not a lot of people own a controller for their mobile devices so the online will be similar to that "dark era" of Fortnite on Switch where they pitted Switch owners against only mobile players: Extremely unskilled.

I'm not sure who was asking for Overwatch with a bunch of OC Glup Shittos but I'll probably try it for shits and giggles if it runs well on Switch.

I remember when this game was supposed to come out for Switch 2/Pro. Back then I watched a few gameplay videos and was interested.
Hoping this will be free to play

Oh hey, it's that game that I always forget wasn't already out

For reference, this was originally announced for "this year" way back in the February 2021 direct (fun context: the "one last thing" from that direct was the "Splatoon 3 - 2022" announcement; wild to think Hunters took longer to actually release by almost 2 years)

I didn't think this was a particularly good trailer for Switch gamers after being quiet for so long. Some gameplay would have been good, but I suppose it being F2P means anyone can try it without much consequence.

The release date or the game? If you're talking about the latter, the game was revealed in 2021 and has been weirdly MIA since then. From what I'm seeing, it was originally planned to release in 2021 and had a soft launch on mobile towards the end of 2021, getting updates since then. It seems this is now the official worldwide launch.

Oh no I meant the actual release. This game has lurked the bottom of the coming soon section on the eshop for years lol.

I had no idea this has been on mobile this entire time though. Interesting.

Back
Top Bottom