• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Splatoon 3 |ST| The Mammal with the Three Golden Eggs (Sizzle Season 2024 announced)

What would you do at the world's end?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
I just don't think it's a coincidence that if these are the final weapons added, [unless I miscounted] the number of splatoon 3 stages/weapons are going to end on exactly the number of stages (admittedly, this is counting shifty station in 2)/weapons that Splatoon 2 had, barring the reskins (Hero weapons, octoshot in 2, Heroshot / Octoshot/ Order replicas in 3).

Maybe they can add more, but it's equally possible they're considering the various new weapons added in lieu of 3rd sets as satisfactory vs giving weapons 3rd sets.

Not that I'm particularly desperate for it returning, but it's kind of crazy that Urchin Underpass, the very first map shown in a playable demo at e3 2014 where the series really started, didn't return in either 2 or 3 (and unlike saltspray, there's no obvious reason it wouldn't return).

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me being optimistic, but they dropping second kits on the new weapons at the same time those weapons debut shows there's even more chances of 3rd kits than before.
+ iirc, most of the time where there are final updates in Nintendo games, Nintendo always says ''This will be the final update for the game'' or something in those lines. And I did not read or hear those words. I'm also a bit optimistic, and it would be very weird if Nintendo just decided to end it all here without giving it a fair warning.

Please don't take my response personally, but I get a little agitated by a lot of people on twitter saying there won't be third kits or other content.
Nintendo never stated "final update" anywhere, and there is gonna be a Nintendo Direct next month, where I'm sure Splatoon 3 gets an additional update (maybe third kits). But also, the update trailers release mainly at the end of a season, so if nothing is shared in the direct, I'd still look out towards the end of Sizzle season.

However, I do get why the community react in this way. But personally, I'd wait. :p
I think third kits are quite likely! They're perfect for keeping the game fresh with low effort from a design perspective.

Any you're hoping for?

Maybe it's just me being optimistic, but they dropping second kits on the new weapons at the same time those weapons debut shows there's even more chances of 3rd kits than before.
Or maybe a small selection of weapons, a "shelly and donny" picks ;).

1200px-S3_Shelly_and_Donny_Render.png

+ iirc, most of the time where there are final updates in Nintendo games, Nintendo always says ''This will be the final update for the game'' or something in those lines. And I did not read or hear those words. I'm also a bit optimistic, and it would be very weird if Nintendo just decided to end it all here without giving it a fair warning.
Unless I'm mistaken, the final wave of Sheldon's picks in Splatoon 2 didn't come with a "this is the last bit of content" notification, either. The update after Finalfest that added Splatfest PBs and the Splatfest Tee Replica was labeled as the last content update, but even if this is the last season we'd prolly still get a Splatfest PB + Challenge PB + Big Run Private Job update after this game's Finalfest anyway, so this wouldn't be the last content update in any case.

Any you're hoping for?
Well, not specifically in general content. I can't think of anything small, aside what @underFlorence said: Splatfest PB's, Challenge PB's, Big Run PB's. Perhaps recycled Splatfests, Splatfest recon mode, or more clothing adjustments? Or the option to use the camera filters of recon on actual battles, that for me would be pretty sick.
I don't think we'd get new maps, clothing or specials, but yeah I feel like Sheldon picks or any other third weapon kit distribution does can come.

As of what I hope in third weapons:
  • Dynamo Roller
  • Splatana Wiper
  • S-Blast
  • Dread Wringer
  • Glooga Dualies
  • L-3 Nozzlenose
  • Jet Squelcher
  • Snipewriter

Maybe that I would make my dream kits out of those, this weekend.

But I really hoped for Snapper Canal to make it into the game, and that's out of the question. ^^'

I don't see wher3 you are coming from. What's the argument here? "A Splatfest that seems final will actually not be the final Splatfest"? But then Order vs. Chaos was a final-seeming Splatfest that was the final proper Splatfest (not counting the Mario one, but if all Splat3 gets after idolfest is just reruns and then a single Mario fest, I don't think people would be happy). If the idea is "there is one fake-out before the real final fest," then the Squid vs. Octopus stand-in for this game already exists with Shiver vs. Frye vs. Big Man. Not to mention that this is a pattern extrapolated only from Splatoon 2, when Splatoon 1 just had the obvious final theme being the actual final theme.

Also I'd argue the idea of an idol focus has been built up throughout the game with both adding all the idols and the cities to the game, as well as the crossover Splatfest song, but that's also pure conjecture and vibes and doesn't have to mean anything.
After Octo Expansion, most of us expected a Squid vs Octopus as a final fest, but instead we got it a month after and the final fest was something bigger and kind of a different and surprise theme.
I don't think that an Idol fest is not happening, but will it be the final one? I have many doubts because it's just a too boring of an idea and with little influence for the next game. Especially after the dev said that they concluded many different arc in the story.

Also this season will cover up until the 31 august, a final fest if it's this year, will likely be at the game second year anniversary, that it's in early September alongside the next season.

Also, the jelly at the end of the trailer is a teaser for the Final Fest [Squid sisters (handbag) vs Off the Hook (shirt) vs Deep Cut (fan)].

Making us choose the hosts for the next game, I see.
Since they already did a Deep Cut specific vote, making the final fest be a hosts vote is pretty obvious especially with Side Order bringing back the other hubs. It also gives the devs a lot more leeway with design for the next game. Chaos v Order being canonical was pretty neat but I think in hindsight I would’ve preferred if the team didn’t have that restriction in place when they designed this installation.

I’m really hoping that Splat 4 is more of a shake-up and less iterative than this one. Although honestly I think I’m just kinda done with the multiplayer in general and will probably pick up 4 just for the campaign and DLC during the first sale since I can’t seem to get myself to stick with the multiplayer.

After Octo Expansion, most of us expected a Squid vs Octopus as a final fest, but instead we got it a month after and the final fest was something bigger and kind of a different and surprise theme.
I don't think that an Idol fest is not happening, but will it be the final one? I have many doubts because it's just a too boring of an idea and with little influence for the next game. Especially after the dev said that they concluded many different arc in the story.

Also this season will cover up until the 31 august, a final fest if it's this year, will likely be at the game second year anniversary, that it's in early September alongside the next season.

The effect of the final fests on the story are vastly overstated anyway. Yeah, it affected which of callie/marie was the sidekick in 2s story, but that's about it. They even basically went "no you chose wrong" for 3s vote, making an entire DLC campaign about what if Order had won, when if anyone can tell what was supposedly chaotic about the main story mode, it must have been very subtle, which is hardly chaotic

I think a lot of people dislike zones/turf because of the 1 way drop into mid, and then when you lose a fight any competent long range weapon completely locks you out from getting back in

The ramps/lower mid spire (plus objective that isnt in the middle) on the other modes fixes that issue, but on TC and RM the chokes are still an issue that could use some extra terrain, yeah

Interesting. I'm gonna have to go watch some tournament matches on Scorge Zones, if those even exist, to understand it better.

At the rank / x-power I'm playing the one-way drops work out fine shockingly often, especially since teams have three directions to flood the zone from or pinch it. Really, the only lockouts happen with a sniper on the tower and if the rest of the team pushes up past the choke point into the enemy's base. Not doing so is asking for the zone to get flipped because the long range weapon user isn't that competent, their teammates not aware enough and a double dose of specials from an unexpected angle will clear them all out.

Holy cow, I forgot Splatfest was this weekend, and I barely played the previous Splatfests of this year, and am so new to the fizzbangs in them. And I don't quite like them. Cool for new Splatfest extra's, but I was so used to Good old normal splatfests, that they give me a hard time to know how I use to correctly...

Back
Top Bottom