• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Spark the jester 3 coming to the Switch

sagadego20

Paratroopa
Pronouns
He/Him

Feperd Games and porting house FreakZone Games will release action platformer Spark the Electric Jester 3 for Switch, the companies announced. A release date was not announced.

This is amazing. These games are some of the most fun 3D platformers in recent memory.

Gameplay trailer of the Switch version.

Neat. I would have gotten round at some point to getting this on the Deck, but maybe I'll go for Switch if the port is good.

So I've played the first game, and hear only good things about the third, but what's the second like? I barely ever hear about it.

So I've played the first game, and hear only good things about the third, but what's the second like? I barely ever hear about it.

I finished 2 a couple of years ago and it's pretty fun too. 3 is essentially the blueprint of 2, except you play as Spark in 3.

In 2 you play as the Fark, the Doppleganger of Spark from the first game and it's essentially 3D platforming levels that is reminiscent to the Sonic/Shadow levels from Adventure 2 but more engaging. Get from start to finish, homing attack on some enemies and even fight some bosses Devil May Cry style. You can also use a handful of abilities that can change your weapon and how you fight as well.

It's a good time.

Spark 3 DLC is essentially the Spark 2 levels, so if that is included in the Switch port then that's essentially both game's main content in one release.

Interesting that it's skipping series x with 2 is on there
I mean the platform is fading away, so it's not really a surprise that smaller games like this are some of the first things to go.

I'm not familiar with this series but it looks fun, I'll ha e to wishlist it when it pops up in the eshop.

After watching someone play through the whole series, I felt like 3 was the real deal and the first two games were mere curiosities. You can 100% skip straight to this one and not really miss anything. For some reason, the story of the first two games is actually only fully explained in 3.

The ambition and quality of its level design is also leaps and bounds beyond the other two. Spark 2 seemed like a rough draft in comparison, and the camera was kind of motion sickness inducing if I remember correctly. Spark 3 is like a full-on modern Sonic Adventure 3 with all the crazy level concepts and bizarre shonen anime melodrama that implies. This game's ending really needs to be seen to be believed. As someone who was just a passenger, the whole ride was totally worth it just for that.

And as mentioned earlier, all of 2 is included in 3 apart from the boss fights anyway. 1 is different, it's in 2D and kind of like an old classic Sonic fangame mixed with Kirby, but I can't say it seemed all that fun. Very hit or miss at best. These are by the guy who made the Sonic Before/After the Sequel games, if you remember those, and the first game was by far the closest to that lineage. The series pretty much entirely dropped the copy ability concept by the third entry after it was a big focus of the original, it never seemed to work all that well.

Highly recommend, this game is amazing, just absolute excellence, shame that switch ver is only 30fps but if it's the only option you have to play it on I would say its worth it still.

Feels strange to call FreakZone a porting house, they've been doing original games until now (the AVGN games for example). Was surprised to learn they're responsible for porting this.

I only recently learned of this series through Spotify introducing me to some pretty good tracks.

Looks like it can scratch the itch of Sonic Adventure gameplay. I've had my eye on it for a while on Steam, but Switch is preferred so I'll jump on this.

Freakzone? the developers of the official Angry Video Game Nerd games? (and the joke "Back To The Future" prototype used in the LJN trilogy)
certainly an unusual choice to have handling the port.

Was waiting for this to hit consoles. Can’t wait to get the chance to pick it up. Still shocked that SEGA never did properly follow up on Sonic’s gameplay from the Sonic Adventure games

Back
Top Bottom