• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Official Famiboards welcome thread

Hello all, new person here! I followed along with the NX news as it came out and now with the Switch 2 confirmed (along with other news from here), I thought it would be fun to jump into the speculation pond!

Hello all, joined this week and found this forum from the recent Switch 2 leaks. I primarily game on my PC and Switch. Some fun gaming related facts about me are:

• Started gaming as a kid in the early 90s on Sega Genesis and SNES
  • My favorite consoles in no order are: Sega Genesis, Gamecube, Switch, Xbox 360, and PS4
  • My most addicting game is Phantasy Star Online Episode 1, 2 and Blue Burst
Extremely hyped for the Switch 2 release!

Hello all, joined this week and found this forum from the recent Switch 2 leaks. I primarily game on my PC and Switch. Some fun gaming related facts about me are:

• Started gaming as a kid in the early 90s on Sega Genesis and SNES
  • My favorite consoles in no order are: Sega Genesis, Gamecube, Switch, Xbox 360, and PS4
  • My most addicting game is Phantasy Star Online Episode 1, 2 and Blue Burst
Extremely hyped for the Switch 2 release!
yesssss more Sega fans!

btw if you scroll to the bottom of the page and see the themes button (it has a lil paintbrush) you'll find the Segaboards theme.
in case you'd be interested.

Actually that's a good heads-up for all newcomers: there are several different themes on Famiboards! In addition to the typical Light Mode and Dark Mode there are also some game-centric themes that the team have put a lot of work into and are pretty dang neat (some were April Fools jokes that stuck around, so if yall see a couple of the themes and wonder what we were thinking, it was that).

Also, welcome!

yesssss more Sega fans!

btw if you scroll to the bottom of the page and see the themes button (it has a lil paintbrush) you'll find the Segaboards theme.
in case you'd be interested.

Actually that's a good heads-up for all newcomers: there are several different themes on Famiboards! In addition to the typical Light Mode and Dark Mode there are also some game-centric themes that the team have put a lot of work into and are pretty dang neat (some were April Fools jokes that stuck around, so if yall see a couple of the themes and wonder what we were thinking, it was that).

Also, welcome!
Yep, I instantly changed it to the Sega theme and absolutely love it 😅

Hello. I just joined here. Used to be an active poster back on NeoGaf about a decade ago before the big move and I still post on ResetEra. I just wanted to lurk and post on a more Nintendo-centric board as well.

Hello everyone!

Before posting anything on Famiboards, I also would like to introduce myself first:

My rl name is Michael, my nickname "Manggei" is an austrian dialect word for Murmeltier, Marmot in English. That said, I am Austrian and was born in 1978. My first contact with Nintendo related devices were the so called "Game & Watch" and from that moment, Nintendo was a part of my childhood and my life to this day. I'm a multiplatform gamer but Nintendo have their special place in this passion. Somehow, the playfulness of Nintendo and how they observe things and translate this into their creative entertaining work had interesting influences throughout my life, how I perceive my environment, even not directly gaming related.

Zelda, Mario(Kart), Metroid, Animal Crossing, these are all beloved franchises of mine and always eagerly awaited, especially when a new console generation is about to start and first rumours emerge. Generally, I favour (Fantasy) RPGs and Action Adventures and good (couch coop) multiplayer games. I have a soft spot for grindy stuff and really like Monster Hunter and games that let me craft and grind for certain funny builds.

A little more about myself, my profession is Physiotherapist, so physical fitness and sports are also factors in my life. Really helps to outweigh all the geeky stuff I love, like complex board games (Kingdom Death Monster is the hot stuff right now), miniature painting and of course gaming which keeps me sitting for hours, hehe! Nature is my other passion, I like to go hiking with friends and I also like gardening which lead me to another very old hobby of mine - cultivating carnivorous plants since I'm a kid. Eventually I made a self sustaining garden bog 8 years ago, filled to the brim with Pitcher Plants, Sundew , Venus flytrap and so on - I dare say, this is also Nintendo's influence for introducing their Piranha Plant to me, back in the days ;)

If interested, that's how I look like and here's a short profile with the help of a handful of photos, those are the things that keep my passions moving: https://photos.app.goo.gl/DofKitZKAtt9myeH8

I'm sure I found a friendly forum here, to discuss and talk about Nintendo related things, really looking forward to participate! The site looks really nice btw., very funny and well made Zelda - theme!

Best regards,
Manggei

Last edited:
Hey! DinoPulse.

I thought I'd reintroduce myself, just in case.
Given I've attempted once before to join here earlier this year.
And since some of you, like Raccoon, might already know me from ERA.
Now that I'm finally semi-permanently here.

I started lurking on the old site after I initially got into watching GameTrailers in 2015, its last year of existence. Over time, it became a notable place to frequent for me. Living through the rise of EasyAllies, the WILD speculation cycle for the then-upcoming Project NX (Later known as the Nintendo Switch), the Switch's iconic reveal video, later launch, and much more. That is. Until the schism in late 2017 led to ERA's existence.

Like many of you, I ended up making the move.
Then, many attempts later to Join ERA resulted in me becoming a member in late May 2018. And that was right around the initial hype for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate! Can you believe it? I've been a member since.

I recall initially being unsure about NintendoERA's migration to Fami when it first happened. And the unsureness continued for a few years. But then, things started picking up regarding Switch 2 leaks/rumors/info at the start of this year. And so, at some point, I decided around the beginning of this year to finally brave it and visit the Famiboards. Though at first, lurking.
I then decided to visit more.

Which then lead to now, May 2024. Following Nintendo finally acknowledging the Switch 2 and the craziness that has followed. After a few years of unsureness, I finally decided to make an account here! I initially attempted back in February/March to join Fami. Thinking I'd finally be brave enough to commit. But I didn't decide to make it a more semi-permanent choice until now.

You might remember me as part of NintendoERA & its Pokémon sub-community. I also consider myself part of its SEGA, Sonic & Marvel communities, Star Wars even. Just name a few. The fighting game one too. I'm also a member of the overall Easy Allies community. There are many I consider myself a part of!

I'm glad I can finally be here again with my good old NintendoERAers.
And even take in the Switch 2 hype cycle like I did the Switch 1. It's something I've missed a lot. Can't wait for what's to come.

Also, to anybody brand-new here since Fami opened, welcome!

Last edited:
Hey everyone!

I'm Manuel from México, I'm a videogame and Nintendo enthusiastic since I was a kid, I love to discuss about these topics on forums but since English isn't my first language I'd rather being a lurker on English sites like I was in NeoGaf and Resetera.

After I read the Nintendo Switch 2 specs thread on the other site I decided to join this community but this time trying to be more active posting and know the people around here. I have some other hobbies like sculpting miniatures and dioramas in polymer clay (you can see some of my work on @craftilin on X or u/Trrzs on reddit) and crafts in general, I like to collect artbooks and amiibo to inspire myself.

I want to be an active member in this community since videogames are something that make my life happy and I would like to share this hobby with more people. Nice to meet you all in advance!

Hi everyone,

I'm David from Ohio, been trying to get away from twitter (I refuse to call it X) and missed the traditional gaming forum experience. I love RPGs (Final Fantasy and Xeno especially) and the Zelda series. The DS was a huge part of my childhood so I've always loved nintendo consoles. They've just got more heart in my opinion. The playstation and xbox are good too, but I feel like they peaked at the ps4 and 360 respectively and started chasing diminishing returns in graphics after that.

I'm not the chattiest person but I'll try and contribute where I can. :) Nice to meet you all

Hello everyone.

You might know me from Era, or that other site, or gamefaqs.

I want to discuss Nintendo things with Nintendo fans mostly.

My first system was the NES with smb/duck hunt pack in.

I am always constantly hoping for a new Donkey Kong or Star Fox game.

I am always constantly hoping for a new Donkey Kong or Star Fox game.
Our time will come soon

b944fe79300dd717efd860a5dc9085f5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom