• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour "Nintendo World Championships: NES Edition" for Nintendo Switch rated by ESRB

think of it this way: at 20 he'd already be sold. at 30 he needs more info

I think that's both totally fair and hardly negative at all

think of it this way: at 20 he'd already be sold. at 30 he needs more info

I think that's both totally fair and hardly negative at all
I’ve already clarified that I understand his posts weren’t really “complaining” and that his comments about the price just stood out to me and mixed together with the other actual complaining and negativity from others in the thread, and I already said that was my bad. I know I shouldn’t have been so quick to post something like that and should have done a better job at actually rereading the posts I was referring to and making sure I’m not misinterpreting or conflating them with others, but at the same time it’d be nice if people who are responding to me about it would actually do the same for my posts, too, because as I clarified, I already understand that his posts weren’t exactly being negative—it was questioning the game’s value prematurely that I find odd, though, be it positive or negative. Regardless, it’s whatever now, and this isn’t some argument I’m wanting to keep up or anything.

I can't tell what's real or sarcasm in this thread anymore. Please put /s at the end if you're not being serious because it doesn't work in text form if you don't.

Nah, I'm not gonna agree. Nintendo is just a company going about their business how they see fit, and it seems pretty normal and fine to me? Meanwhile in this thread you've made multiple posts on Nintendo saying it looks bad on them and blaming them for the general vibe of discourse. There are multiple posts that are getting into weirdo conspiracy theories about it all too. I don't really see anything Nintendo is doing to foster that kind of thinking. I mostly just see a kinda warped board/fandom culture doing its thing.
Fine, I'll take the L. My bad, sorry

I'm interested in seeing whatever this is! I agree with the expectations of a Direct shadowdrop or perhaps a scheduled release in June/July unless this ESRB rating came out very early and this is actually a fall schedule stuffer. Then again, if Pyoro already knows the pricing, maybe this must be coming soon (depending on Pyoro's sources).

This is a total tangent, but I'm wondering about the NSO costs you mention. Where is NSO Expansion Pack $112/yr ($14/person*8 people) for a Family Membership or $72 as an individual? I tried checking prices in a few countries and didn't find that rate.
In Canada it's $99/year for a family plan; the $112 is the grand total after taxes

All this talk of an NES Remix successor makes want to buy a copy of Ultimate NES Remix and give it a shot.

(Why Ultimate? Because I don't have my Wii U to hand, plus I can enjoy the best bits of both games, i.e., not Urban Champion!)

I got a feeling this game won’t be just re paste of the original nes graphics. Maybe some sort of HD Pixel graphics sorta like what they did with f zero 99

Are we expecting the NWC game to be announced today or do we think that'll be an announcement at a much later time?
I think it will be similar to how Game Builder Garage was announced. GBG was announced hours before the May investor meeting as was highlighted in said meeting too, so I expect an announcement hours before tomorrow's investor meeting.

I think it will be similar to how Game Builder Garage was announced. GBG was announced hours before the May investor meeting as was highlighted in said meeting too, so I expect an announcement hours before tomorrow's investor meeting.
Oh!! Okay!! So like maybe later today or earlier tomorrow?

"As you can see, we still have an incredible ability to repackage our first home console, the Famicom, or NES in international markets. We are confident this and other products will help us ship 15 million mystery consoles and make billions in operating profit.

Please understand."

(But yeah announcement imminent, I feel)

"As you can see, we still have an incredible ability to repackage our first home console, the Famicom, or NES in international markets. We are confident this and other products will help us ship 15 million mystery consoles and make billions in operating profit.

Please understand."

(But yeah announcement imminent, I feel)
I mean an esrb leak means the announcement is coming in under a week on the Nintendo side.

Quite frankly irresponsible from Pyoro to mislead people about the nature of the announcement. Insiders should aim to be the role models of gaming, not this.
What was misleading? Pyoro posted a Nintendo World Championship cart for NES and the ESRB just rated NWC for NES.

This reveal might be the biggest insult by an insider in the past decade. I literally screamed "F YOU" at my screen. I knew they said it wasn't going to be Switch 2 but the hype they created made me think they were just going to surprise us with it anyway. Absolutely unacceptable to do this to us. Once they knew Switch 2 was expected, they should've deleted the tweet.
If I was a Pyoro, this level of entitlement might make me just want to shut up altogether. Dude was just having a little fun, and the news came out within a day of his post so it's not like he even allowed overreacters to be strung along for long.

If I was a Pyoro, this level of entitlement might make me just want to shut up altogether. Dude was just having a little fun, and the news came out within a day of his post so it's not like he even allowed overreacters to be strung along for long.
It's a copypasta; I was just joking. I want to be clear that I don't actually have any issue with this announcement or Pyoro.

This is the original:

nLLwrfB.png

Huh...am I forgetting about a Holiday today, or is it unusual for Nintendo to be this quiet on a Monday? No activity from their twitter at all, not sure if something similar happened for Game Builder Garage, does anyone recall what time that was announced?

Edit: Just looked it up, looks like it was announced at 3 PM PST. Also looked at Everybody 1-2 Switch as well, that was announced at 6 PM PST.

Last edited:
Huh...am I forgetting about a Holiday today, or is it unusual for Nintendo to be this quiet on a Monday? No activity from their twitter at all, not sure if something similar happened for Game Builder Garage, does anyone recall what time that was announced?

Edit: Just looked it up, looks like it was announced at 3 PM PST. Also looked at Everybody 1-2 Switch as well, that was announced at 6 PM PST.
This Monday has a bunch of holidays all over the world. In Japan it's a public holiday as part of Golden Week, where I live it's a bank holiday thanks to a couple reasons. It's the first Monday of summer here, it's the first Monday after May Day, etc.

So Nintendo UK and Nintendo JP probably wouldn't be doing anything significant this Monday.

Last edited:
This Monday has a bunch of holidays all over the world. In Japan it's part of Golden Week, where I live it's a bank holiday thanks to a couple reasons. It's the first Monday of summer here, it's the first Monday after May Day, etc.

So Nintendo UK and Nintendo JP probably wouldn't be doing anything significant this Monday.
I could be wrong, but I think Golden Week ended yesterday.

Hmm, I really thought it would've been announced before their financial briefing just to beef up their lineup slightly, even if it doesn't seem like a large game.

Please make a genuine effort to engage in the topic at hand instead of just trolling other users. - ngpdrew, Lord Azrael, meatbag
ARE YOU KIDDING ME, NINTENDO?!?! YOU'VE BEEN TEASING US FOR YEARS, AND NOW YOU'RE JUST LEAVING US HANGING?!?! NO SWITCH 2 ANNOUNCEMENT?!?! WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?! I SWEAR, I'VE HAD IT UP TO HERE WITH YOUR PATHETIC EXCUSES AND EMPTY PROMISES! YOU'RE JUST A BUNCH OF INCOMPETENT, OUT-OF-TOUCH, GREEDY EXECUTIVES WHO DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR FANS ANYMORE! WHERE IS THE SWITCH 2?!?! WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YEARS, AND YOU JUST KEEP STRINGING US ALONG WITH THESE HALF-BAKED UPDATES AND REMASTERS! IT'S TIME TO STEP UP YOUR GAME, NINTENDO!

ARE YOU KIDDING ME, NINTENDO?!?! YOU'VE BEEN TEASING US FOR YEARS, AND NOW YOU'RE JUST LEAVING US HANGING?!?! NO SWITCH 2 ANNOUNCEMENT?!?! WHAT THE ACTUAL HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?! I SWEAR, I'VE HAD IT UP TO HERE WITH YOUR PATHETIC EXCUSES AND EMPTY PROMISES! YOU'RE JUST A BUNCH OF INCOMPETENT, OUT-OF-TOUCH, GREEDY EXECUTIVES WHO DON'T CARE ABOUT YOUR FANS ANYMORE! WHERE IS THE SWITCH 2?!?! WE'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YEARS, AND YOU JUST KEEP STRINGING US ALONG WITH THESE HALF-BAKED UPDATES AND REMASTERS! IT'S TIME TO STEP UP YOUR GAME, NINTENDO!
Get some help.

"I did not care for Tears of the Kingdom"

Most patient Nintendo fan.

Don't worry, there might be a new system in 2025. Could even announce it in early 2025 maybe.

It's a copypasta; I was just joking. I want to be clear that I don't actually have any issue with this announcement or Pyoro.

This is the original:

nLLwrfB.png
Never forget Bakugan Direct.

Too much caps lock. Not feeling this copypasta.

I could be wrong, but I think Golden Week ended yesterday.
The 6th of May was a national holiday in Japan as part of Golden Week. The 5th was the final actual date as far as I can tell, but the public holiday was the Monday after. Notably, markets were closed.

Last edited:
Agreed brother 🤘

Don’t know what this NWC release will be exactly but I’m excited. I loved the concept of NES Remix as a fresh way to revisit stale games. I felt it was held back trying to be Angry Birds since that was the style of the time.

I was afraid they abandoned anything more interesting than the SP editions of NSO games, so this is exciting and I still hope we get a SNES follow up.

So...when do we think this could be getting revealed? Between how Pyoro usually leaks information and the ESRB leak, it should be soon right?

I suppose there's always a possibility that there was a large change in plans.

When everyone made fun of him, Furukawa heard his call .... and he got warned for it

Because he's the hero Fami deserves, but not the one it needs

Could be, the only thing that makes me believe otherwise is that Pyoro usually only teases when close to a release/event. Though so soon after the investors meeting may be unusual.
Yeah I’m thinking this week. But no, we’ve had random stuff drop near the meeting before

Back
Top Bottom