• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo Direct Speculation |ST8| Press Your (Nintendo Direct) Luck!

With Pokemon Z-A being next year and there seemingly being no holiday Pokemon game, my assumption is MP4 for holiday because it makes the most sense

Last edited:
How would folks react if the DK game by EPD turned out to be Jungle Beat 2? I mean there was this patent a while back:

bazongas-png.116914

Prediction; this'll be the Direct where EA finally announces a remaster of The Sims Bustin' Out.
EA and remaster are two words that don't really go together at all. There are literally hundreds of EA games waiting for re-releases and Bustin Out is only one of them. Did you know The Sims 1 and 2 have NEVER been available anywhere digitally? They're literally lost. Two of the best selling games in the video game history and they're gone forever. That's just two of them, out of hundreds. And it's gonna stay the way thanks to EA's hatred for their own past.

Someone help me out cause I can’t find the origin of this talk: is there actually a substantial rumor of an Ocarina of Time remake, or a Zelda game for the fall? Or are we just guessing again? I figure it’s the latter, but just wanted to be sure.

I don't think Prime 4 would be the holiday title. Nintendo knows it's prestigious but niche, so I'd guess they would want something more mainstream to go alongside it (think how October 2021 had Dread but then also Mario Party Superstars for the wider audience) to bolster their holiday

My guess is whatever Banquet ends up being, but I could also see something Zelda or DK slotting in nicely

EA and remaster are two words that don't really go together at all. There are literally hundreds of EA games waiting for re-releases and Bustin Out is only one of them. Did you know The Sims 1 and 2 have NEVER been available anywhere digitally? They're literally lost. Two of the best selling games in the video game history and they're gone forever. That's just two of them, out of hundreds. And it's gonna stay the way thanks to EA's hatred for their own past.
Really went on a small rant from a harmless joke?

That's not Jungle Beat, that's Barrel Blast.
Actually, now that I think about it, a HAGI Barrel Blast port with DK bongo support would be kinda sick.
This is just a patent for the device, though yes the example they use is clearly modelled after barrel blast. I forgot that game didn't even have bongo support in the first place.

Though I was mainly taking about Jungle Beat since that was also made by Nintendo internally like the rumoured DK game.

I don't think Prime 4 would be the holiday title. Nintendo knows it's prestigious but niche, so I'd guess they would want something more mainstream to go alongside it (think how October 2021 had Dread but then also Mario Party Superstars for the wider audience) to bolster their holiday

My guess is whatever Banquet ends up being, but I could also see something Zelda or DK slotting in nicely
Prime 4 would be the headline holiday title is the way we should look at it. It’ll get the big marketing. It’ll get all the trailers and what not. But we know Mario Party will make the most money for Nintendo. The focus for Nintendo though will be Metroid Prime 4.

Zelda is hard to say because it could just be a small spinoff. I’m not sure if DK is ready if Nintendo wants it now with Metroid and Mario Party in the same holiday. It sounds weird, but I think it’s either DK or Metroid along with the other titles like Zelda and Mario Party.

Prime 4 would be the headline holiday title is the way we should look at it. It’ll get the big marketing. It’ll get all the trailers and what not. But we know Mario Party will make the most money for Nintendo. The focus for Nintendo though will be Metroid Prime 4.
I mean, even if this is the case, who's to say it'll be the "headline Holiday title" that gets all the focus from Nintendo? What about FE4R? What if the rumored Zelda is the next big 2d game?

I don't think it's particularly likely that Nintendo solely/mainly focuses on Prime 4 unless it's literally the only big game they've got this year.

I mean, even if this is the case, who's to say it'll be the "headline Holiday title" that gets all the focus from Nintendo? What about FE4R? What if the rumored Zelda is the next big 2d game?

I don't think it's particularly likely that Nintendo solely/mainly focuses on Prime 4 unless it's literally the only big game they've got this year.
Metroid fans don’t like hearing it, but it really is a very minor series as far as sales are concerned

According to the most recent data, even Pikmin 4 has sold more than any Metroid game

Heck, Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze made more on the Switch alone than any Metroid game

Donkey Kong is what they could hypothetically have for this Holidays with sales potential; Mario Party being a second best option, but even then I don't think they'd bank on it.

I'm on the camp that Prime 4 will fall on September or October, like Dread did.

If they don't have DK, I guess the good ol' bundle of Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will do it. You know, gotta move that units and clean inventory before the next system.

I'm feeling like the holiday title will likely be a smaller Zelda release. Maybe not a WW/TP HD port, but I think a 2D game or a spinoff of any kind would definitely fit the bill. Besides another Warriors, I think if one happens it'll be on Switch 2 as a performance showcase, even if it's just an updated Age of Calamity with more characters.
I can't see them having 2 Donkey Kong games in the last year of the Switch. EPDK feels like it'll be saved for Switch 2.

Nintendo is usually pretty good at having both a core title geared towards enthusiasts and a casual title with multi-demographic appeal for the holidays, if not a title that checks both boxes, so if Metroid Prime 4 is a holiday release, there's definitely going to be something else paired with it.

I'm feeling like the holiday title will likely be a smaller Zelda release. Maybe not a WW/TP HD port, but I think a 2D game or a spinoff of any kind would definitely fit the bill. Besides another Warriors, I think if one happens it'll be on Switch 2 as a performance showcase, even if it's just an updated Age of Calamity with more characters.
I can't see them having 2 Donkey Kong games in the last year of the Switch. EPDK feels like it'll be saved for Switch 2.
Despite the heritage, I don't think Nintendo (or anyone else, for the matter) sees a Mario vs. Donkey Kong game a "Donkey Kong game", and more a game with Donkey Kong on it. And besides, 2010 did gave us MvDK Mini-Land Mayhem and DKC Returns back to back... and here we are talking a game at the start of the year, and the other almost 11 months later.

granted, there's a few different factors that change the context, but the MvDK series already showed some overlap of releases with regular Donkey Kong games in the past.

Even the original GBA game got release right before DKC2 GBA, while on GameCube we still had Donkey Konga 2 and Jungle Beat in 2004.

I could see Grezzo doing OoA/OoS remakes. What have they been up to?
They did the Miitopia remaster a few years back. More recently they put out Jet Dragon for Apple Arcade last year; in a interview around when it came out, the studio head said they usually have 2 or 3 games going at once though

Decent chance they're the ones doing the Luigi's Mansion 2 remaster imo since they did the 3DS version of the first game

I could definitely see them having some kind of Zelda project that could come out soon; not so sure about Oracle remakes personally. I think either a remaster of OoT3D or a new 2D Game makes more sense imo

Idk, seems like a great year to position Prime 4 as a holiday game. Put that marketing on full blast and see how it does. Nintendo's definitely going to save heavy hitters (in terms of sales) for Switch 2 launch year.

Last edited:
Idk, seems like a great year to position Prime 4 as a holiday game. Put that marketing on full blast and see how it does. Nintendo's definitely going to save heavy hitters for Switch 2 launch year.
Prime 4 can go either way if Nintendo wants. It would be a heavy hitter on Switch 2 also. Obviously not in some 10+ million sales way, but it’s still a big deal.

Someone help me out cause I can’t find the origin of this talk: is there actually a substantial rumor of an Ocarina of Time remake, or a Zelda game for the fall? Or are we just guessing again? I figure it’s the latter, but just wanted to be sure.
I think Ocarina is just a collective group of people wanting it and/or feeling the timing for one in the future is right. (I personally think it would be a Switch 2 project.) I believe Aonuma also dodged a question about it, which raised suspicions.

As for a Zelda game in the fall, there's that rumor that someone is working on a Zelda game that actually stars Zelda, but I don't think any timing was part of that and I don't know how credible it was. For the timing, I think that's another "that feels right" thing. There hasn't been a 2D entry or big Grezzo project in a while, the franchise is semi-annual these days, Nintendo's second half is currently an unknown, and I'd also say that it could be time for another Nintendo Warriors title (which could be Hyrule Warriors: The Imprisoning War).

I'm still surprised Animal Crossing New Horizons managed to become the second best selling game on the system and yet Nintendo hasn't done anything with the IP since. Maybe we'll get New Leaf Deluxe as a holiday title? Nintendo does tend to break their once a generation IP rule for ports (New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, Paper Mario Thousand Year Door, 3D World, Luigi's Mansion).

I'm still surprised Animal Crossing New Horizons managed to become the second best selling game on the system and yet Nintendo hasn't done anything with the IP since. Maybe we'll get New Leaf Deluxe as a holiday title? Nintendo does tend to break their once a generation IP rule for ports (New Super Mario Bros U Deluxe, Paper Mario Thousand Year Door, 3D World, Luigi's Mansion).
There was the DLC but I imagine the reception to Amiibo Festival and Happy Home Designer was part of the reason there wasn't anything standalone.

Back
Top Bottom